Australia tour of Bangladesh 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going to be pretty hard to get the standard of the BBL to a much higher level.

Australia doesn't have the flexibility in scheduling India has and to a lesser extent England will have with the Hundred. Nor the financial power India has and to a lesser extent England has.

It's going to be pretty hard to get the standard of the BBL to a much higher level.

Australia doesn't have the flexibility in scheduling India has and to a lesser extent England will have with the Hundred. Nor the financial power India has and to a lesser extent England has.
The Hundred is a joke

If the Hundred turned into a T20 comp it'd get much more support over the world, not sure if English people like the format though. A thing going for the tournament is it looks like the talent is there, but it will suffer from the same consequences the BBL does, international stars don't play much of the tournament.

If the Hundred turned into a T20 comp it'd get much more support over the world, not sure if English people like the format though. A thing going for the tournament is it looks like the talent is there, but it will suffer from the same consequences the BBL does, international stars don't play much of the tournament.
The Covid situation has not helped with its inaugural season but it has more overseas star power potential when things become more normal given it's played in the English Summer.

There has even been talk that the BCCI may allow younger Indian players to take part in the Hundred from next year onwards.

i must admit, if your a non-cricket follower and wanted to follow the game, learning the Hundred would be easier than the current rules in T20 cricket.

People may call it a 'dumb down version' of cricket, but I do like this tactic of bowlers having the option to bowl in periods of 10 consecutive balls, than just the mandatory set of 5 balls. (or 6 balls in normal cricket). Imagine if you have a wicket, and you wanted to keep applying that pressure for a sustained period of time, rather than get taken off....

do feel the Hundred actually gives a bowler a bit of a say, in a predominately batsman dominated game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i must admit, if your a non-cricket follower and wanted to follow the game, learning the Hundred would be easier than the current rules in T20 cricket.

People may call it a 'dumb down version' of cricket, but I do like this tactic of bowlers having the option to bowl in periods of 10 consecutive balls, than just the mandatory set of 5 balls. (or 6 balls in normal cricket). Imagine if you have a wicket, and you wanted to keep applying that pressure for a sustained period of time, rather than get taken off....

do feel the Hundred actually gives a bowler a bit of a say, in a predominately batsman dominated game.
It’s not easier to learn as been made more complicated

I mean how hard is an over is 6 balls and you face 20 of them. If you don’t have the required intelligence to follow that how are you going to work out that you can bowl 5 or 10

nice to know we have our priorities sorted....

Kevin Pietersen actually in commentary applauded the rule of 1 fielder coming in the circle, if a team went overtime.

But in one of the chases this week, he said why not bring in 2 fielders or so if they go over a certain amount of time.........and it got me thinking its a brilliant idea.

Too many teams go over time in their fielding..........its time to make them bowl their overs faster. I mean i do understand from time to time a batsman will have to call out their trainers, but i think time can be added in this instance.

nice to know we have our priorities sorted....
CA media are a bit weird like that though. You wouldn't know they were a part of the governing body of Australian Cricket sometimes. Almost like they barely care about the national team or something.

That said, this is not something Langer should be concerning himself with at all.

Last edited:
CA media are a bit weird like that though. You wouldn't know they were a part of the governing body of Australian Cricket sometimes. Almost like they barely care about the national team or something.

That said, this is not something Langer should be concerning himself with at all.

Justin langer is a dead man walking. Even if they win the Ashes or not he has worn out his welcome. Coaches like him that are so intense only have a certain shelf life before it gets too draining on the players and staff.

Lehmann was in the job 2 years too long and look what happened at the end.

Ricky ponting should be the T20 coach and Dizzy Gillespie given the test and 50 over jobs.

Ricky ponting should be the T20 coach and Dizzy Gillespie given the test and 50 over jobs.
1) Do they want the jobs? 2) Will Cricket Australia pay them what they want?

Langer is a dead man walking yes but the problems go a lot deeper when it comes to Cricket here than the national head coach.

Last edited:
Compare that with their Big Bash stats from last season:

Marsh Avg: 39.37 SR: 147.88
Henriques: Avg: 38.75 SR: 155.00
Wade Avg: 35.00 SR: 187.50
Finch Avg: 13.76 SR: 113.29
Christian Avg: 34.00 SR: 182.55
McDermott Avg: 36.54 SR: 139.58
Carey Avg: 32.69 SR: 122.12
Turner Avg: 22.80 SR: 152.00
Philippe Avg: 31.75 SR: 149.41

The pitches haven't helped on this tour but the step up in class from BBL to international T20s is huge and only getting bigger. Lucky the BBL is for entertainment because the playing quality is super poor.

Your right the BBL is overrated. Tbh after 10 years on i find it so plain now when its on that everygame each night seems to blend in with the previous. Its like watching re-runs of tv shows.

Outside of the Melbourne stars choking every year which everyone revels in is there a genuine rivalry in the comp that has developed over 10 years. T20 cricket is obivously very mickey mouse but for a competition to thrive you need a bit hatred and spite in to get everyone pumped.

I don't see it when the thunder play the sixers for example this attitude from fans win at all costs because its a local derby. It feels like oh well we lost move onto the next game

Langer is a dead man walking but the problems go a lot deeper when it comes to Cricket here than the national head coach.

Cricket Australia is in trouble no doubt about that. I dont know what it is but i feel like its lost it spirit and become bland in the last 18 months. Maybe its because we have only played 4 tests in 18 months.

But there isn't anyone out there outside of established players in Cummins and hazlewood that you go gee he is a ripper bloke.

Marnus is a quirky cat which i dont mind. But even steve smith a champion batsman but seems very vanilla personality wise. Starc and warner seem like divisive figures.

I was in the UK for the 1st half of the ashes in 2019 and you could feel the whole nation behind them being over there cheering them on they played with a great spirit that series off the back of smithys bradman like series.

I just feel Cricket Australia has lost touch with the public. Big summer coming up really i dont think CA can afford to lose the ashes as there will be more then langer losing there jobs.

Ponting i listen to him on 7 and watching him coach in the IPL is driven and i reckon would love to coach T20 to WC success its the only trophy he hasnt won really as a player or coach.

Gillespie is coach of South Australia if i am right unless thats changed. I am sure if the job was available he would be keen he applied for the england job when Bayliss got it. Has done a long apprenticeship all around the world including Zimbabwe where he and his wife were making the lunch for the players because the team couldnt afford it. And for an ex Australian cricketer who coaches the Australian job would be a coveted position i would have thought even with the travel and make it easier if they split them

I think part of the problem with BBL was when they were to a full home and away fixture. For Cricket Australia it was about quantity over quality. Maybe is it time to revert back to the 7+1 =8 games. The double up being the game you play against your rival.

You don't want to oversaturate the market ...........there are some big decisions to be made for the national level and it starts with the domestic leagues.

I also reckon if Australia was to play a test series with out full strength squad in Bangladesh, we would be no certs after that series. As someone mentioned there seems to be a huge jump in class from our domestic T20 leagues to international level at the moment.

I really don't get this obsession some have with the "likeability" of the players some have for the Australian Cricket team tbh. I don't see it anywhere near enough with other sports or even within Cricket.

Some of our greatest & most entertaining players were probably very unlikely ''ripper blokes''. The main thing at the end of the day is the quality of Cricket they play and how many wins they get.

Langer is a dead man walking yes but the problems go a lot deeper when it comes to Cricket here than the national head coach.

At this point it has to be money right? Langer is the bargain bin coach just happy to have the job as no other top side would touch him if we didnt want him while dizzy and punter would have to be be wooed by CA and given lot more money to take the role so they stick with the mediocre coach as its cheaper/easier for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back