NYRB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Perth Glory, Wildcats
Surprised to see no thread given that the 1st Twenty20 kicks off tonight between the 2 sides at Hagley Oval.

Form what I gather the Australian team has been in quarantine for 2 weeks in NZ. Not sure how much preparation they have had for this game.

Westend

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Strange that its starting on a monday thought they could of kicked off yesterday on the sunday

looking forward to this series :)

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Surprised to see no thread given that the 1st Twenty20 kicks off tonight between the 2 sides at Hagley Oval.

Form what I gather the Australian team has been in quarantine for 2 weeks in NZ. Not sure how much preparation they have had for this game.
They have been able to train outside for the last 10 days or so, they were only in a hard lockdown in hotel rooms for about 5 days.

It's a pity the quarantine period didn't end before the weekend so this game could have been played on the weekend rather than on a Monday.

NYRB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Strange that its starting on a monday thought they could of kicked off yesterday on the sunday

I imagine it would have been some quarantine issues.

I don't think too many of the Australians players would have played at Hagley Oval before.

NYRB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
They have been able to train outside for the last 10 days or so, they were only in a hard lockdown in hotel rooms for about 5 days.

It's a pity the quarantine period didn't end before the weekend so this game could have been played on the weekend rather than on a Monday.
I think it would be fair to say, probably the Sheffield Shield has gain more attention in Aus the last few week than this T20 series.

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco

The quarantine period ended yesterday so today was the first day they could play a game, the next game is on Thursday during the day so far from ideal scheduling especially for Australian viewers.

NYRB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Australia: Aaron Finch (c), Matthew Wade (wk), Josh Philippe, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Marsh, Daniel Sams, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NYRB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
New Zealand (Playing XI): Martin Guptill, Tim Seifert(w), Kane Williamson(c), Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Kyle Jamieson, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting to see how Jhye goes. Struggled at the back end of the big bash and small grounds in NZ, not a great mix.

Scorpus

Sack Them All
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Batting line-up is decent. Obviously missing our two best pace bowlers in this format.

Not sure why we've picked Sams when both Stoinis and Marsh are in the side (is Marsh bowling again?). Sams strikes me as not good enough. Would have preferred another middle order bat

NYRB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Batting line-up is decent. Obviously missing our two best pace bowlers in this format.

Not sure why we've picked Sams when both Stoinis and Marsh are in the side (is Marsh bowling again?). Sams strikes me as not good enough. Would have preferred another middle order bat
To be fair Sams had a pretty decent Big Bash. I think Aussies are looking to find that all rounder in our team.

Marsh was one of the more economical bowlers in the last Bash campaign.

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I doubt Sams is good enough either but worth a try as a bowler / lower order slogger.

I was looking at his cricinfo profile the other day and his first FC match was in NZ which is unusual....

Remove this Banner Ad