Australia tour of New Zealand, 2021- 5 T20 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised to see no thread given that the 1st Twenty20 kicks off tonight between the 2 sides at Hagley Oval.

Form what I gather the Australian team has been in quarantine for 2 weeks in NZ. Not sure how much preparation they have had for this game.

They have been able to train outside for the last 10 days or so, they were only in a hard lockdown in hotel rooms for about 5 days.

It's a pity the quarantine period didn't end before the weekend so this game could have been played on the weekend rather than on a Monday.

They have been able to train outside for the last 10 days or so, they were only in a hard lockdown in hotel rooms for about 5 days.

It's a pity the quarantine period didn't end before the weekend so this game could have been played on the weekend rather than on a Monday.
I think it would be fair to say, probably the Sheffield Shield has gain more attention in Aus the last few week than this T20 series.

Strange that its starting on a monday thought they could of kicked off yesterday on the sunday

looking forward to this series :)

The quarantine period ended yesterday so today was the first day they could play a game, the next game is on Thursday during the day so far from ideal scheduling especially for Australian viewers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batting line-up is decent. Obviously missing our two best pace bowlers in this format.

Not sure why we've picked Sams when both Stoinis and Marsh are in the side (is Marsh bowling again?). Sams strikes me as not good enough. Would have preferred another middle order bat

Batting line-up is decent. Obviously missing our two best pace bowlers in this format.

Not sure why we've picked Sams when both Stoinis and Marsh are in the side (is Marsh bowling again?). Sams strikes me as not good enough. Would have preferred another middle order bat
To be fair Sams had a pretty decent Big Bash. I think Aussies are looking to find that all rounder in our team.

Marsh was one of the more economical bowlers in the last Bash campaign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back