Australia tour of New Zealand, 2021- 5 T20 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Guppy was gone at the end of this series without that score yesterday. And given his age that would probably be the end of him. The drums are beating for young Wellington opener Finn Allen who had a good domestic series and is seen as one for the future.

Finn might get a go soon anyway but Guppy has bought himself some time.
Finn Allen looks like a beast, I hope he's in the team sooner rather than later.

Not sure if this is the squad for the entire series, either way I'd like to see Finn Allen get a chance if the series is wrapped up.

Not in white ball cricket its not
In ODIs between Australia and New Zealand Australia has won 92 and New Zealand 39.

In T20Is before this series Australia had won 7 and NZ had won 1.

It's pretty rare.

In ODIs between Australia and New Zealand Australia has won 92 and New Zealand 39.

It's pretty rare.

nah that means NZ has won 30 % of the games. That's not really solar eclipse rare is it

It would be be even more even in the last few years and at home we've done even better

bit surprised at that t-20 stat. I thought it would be more even. Anyway its 7-3 now

send a message to the team by announcing Finch's international career is over and he is being flown back to australia immediately via a cargo plane that needs to air drop some ugg boots to Argentina first.

if any of the other senior players are unhappy with that they can join him.
Make sure Maxwell gets a ticket on the same plane.

Shield cricket is not more important than the next ICC event.

Yes it is and it is a mile more important players need to be playing more shield cricket not less

Finn Allen looks like a beast, I hope he's in the team sooner rather than later.

Not sure if this is the squad for the entire series, either way I'd like to see Finn Allen get a chance if the series is wrapped up.
Yes, there will be a few changes in the team over the next 12 months I reckon. Might be a few retirements after the WTC final (Taylor, Watling). There is a few promising young guys that need a go. Also they simply have to get Devon Conway into the test team.

I'd say Finn will defintely play against the Bangers if not this series.

It's pretty rare.
You will have to forgive some of them for not knowing some of this stuff. You could probably count on the fingers on one hand on how many years some of them have been Black Cap fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance you can talk positive stuff about our Australian cricketers instead of the negative stuff.We are not that bad.

Well which team makes ZERO changes after being flogged game 1...

We are literally picking our worst lineup from this squad and hoping NZ suck more...

Blind Freddy knows Phillipe should be opening and McDermott in the squad...and we have picked too many bowlers!

Is that the same blind Freddy who thinks Victoria is on top in the shield game?

You still are. We are only 100 ahead and after these two there’s bugger all to come. You set us 150-200 you’ll win

Well which team makes ZERO changes after being flogged game 1...

We are literally picking our worst lineup from this squad and hoping NZ suck more...

Blind Freddy knows Phillipe should be opening and McDermott in the squad...and we have picked too many bowlers!

So if Phillipe is opening who are you dropping? Not sure whether you have ever spoken any positive comments about any Australian player on Big Footy but please name a few that I might have missed who you rate.

So if Phillipe is opening who are you dropping? Not sure whether you have ever spoken any positive comments about any Australian player on Big Footy but please name a few that I might have missed who you rate.

Let’s be honest, Wade will not open in the World T20 so shouldn’t be opening now. If he’s in our plans he should be batting 5 or 6 where he’ll be in the World T20.

Solved the problem without dropping anyone.

Let’s be honest, Wade will not open in the World T20 so shouldn’t be opening now. If he’s in our plans he should be batting 5 or 6 where he’ll be in the World T20.

Solved the problem without dropping anyone.
To be fair, they are planning on Warner/Finch for the World Cup. If Phillippe is a chance, he’ll have to find a spot elsewhere, three is as good as anywhere.

To be fair, they are planning on Warner/Finch for the World Cup. If Phillippe is a chance, he’ll have to find a spot elsewhere, three is as good as anywhere.

The question was asked who’d be dropped to get Philippe opening and I answered. He opens in the BBL but I seem to remember him doing alright elsewhere in his first season with the Sixers. I actually don’t mind him batting at 3.

Tbh it’s probably difficult for us the pick a top six atm without picking guys out of the position they’ll play in the World T20.

If Wade was just filling in for Carey or Inglis I wouldn’t have a problem with it but I do not believe that is the case. We’re looking down the barrel of carrying a top six batsman into the World T20 with no recent experience batting in their designated role. I find it truly bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back