Australia tour of New Zealand, 2021- 5 T20 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Agar just entered the stats sheet.

Agar also with a 5 fer against Sth Africa.
Including a hat trick in that 5 fer.

Agar needs to thank Maxwell for that innings. A few of those wickets came when the game was gone and NZ just had to swing at everything because of the huge total.

Meredith's wickets for mine was far more crucial in winning the match.

Maxwell’s innings was even more critical took a 175 score to almost 210 (should have been 235 if Stoinplod and Marsh weren’t crabs)

Maxwell’s innings was even more critical took a 175 score to almost 210 (should have been 235 if Stoinplod and Marsh weren’t crabs)

Good to see a positive comment about our players,perhaps a mention to Finch as well.Both players have struggled of late but tough job especially as a batsman when you have a lean patch and your confidence drops and these days have to cop all the negative on social media and the papers.

Jeez some of those don’t belong on the list at all.

Didn’t even know some of those countries played cricket at all.

I prefer this list, mainly because I remember when Michael Dighton of all people got into the wickets.

Surely it's time to drop Wade and give someone like McDermott a crack.

Maybe also rest one off the Richardson's for Dorf as well.

Wade may not have had the best start to things in NZ, but didn't he finish the recent series against India as the top run scorer for Aus - 58 in the second match and 80 in the third match probably keep him safe for a little longer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wade may not have had the best start to things in NZ, but didn't he finish the recent series against India as the top run scorer for Aus - 58 in the second match and 80 in the third match probably keep him safe for a little longer

Structually it might be better McDermott at 3-4 and Phillipe opening.

Structually it might be better McDermott at 3-4 and Phillipe opening.

Except for the fact Philippe or McDermott would be keeping... Don’t rate either as a keeper at all and that’s saying something given I’m comparing them to Matthew Wade.

Realistically our wicket keeper should be in a finishing role between 5 and 7. There won’t be a spot for them in the top four in the world t20. Philippe and Stoinis are better options for top three/four than any keeper we could select.

Can anyone just be satisfied that it’s likely he will get out playing an unorthodox shot, but he also makes a lot of runs playing that way too? I mean seriously, imagine complaining about the dismissal after making 70 off 30

It was a fantastic innings - no complaints there.

I like him a lot; I just wish he'd stop this dumb stuff, as it is preventing him for having the career that he deserves.

Finch always performs for Australia, enough said. Say what you want about the ipl, big bash his form for Australia never been a question.

Lynn, short, Wade serious insanity if anyone thinks they're gonna outperform him In a world cup. Add in the Warner partnersip and his captaincy I can't believe the debate.

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

I just really think it's time to have a look at some of these new guys.
Finch and Philippe look better as an opening pair IMO.

So far, the positives have been that Philippe, Sam's and Meredith don't look out of place.

Except for the fact Philippe or McDermott would be keeping... Don’t rate either as a keeper at all and that’s saying something given I’m comparing them to Matthew Wade.

Realistically our wicket keeper should be in a finishing role between 5 and 7. There won’t be a spot for them in the top four in the world t20. Philippe and Stoinis are better options for top three/four than any keeper we could select.

It is a t20 the last thing I’d care about is keeping. Both are fine for this format

Smith shouldn’t be in the side. I’ve said it a few times Inwouldnt pick him unfortunately the selectors will.

would be happy with any ofhthose three listed at 4,5,6. Just feel you want your most damaging players in with the most balls to face

Finally we might agree on something,lol.Similar thoughts about Smith but I think Finch is still certain to captain Australia in the T20 World Cup.I also would seriously consider leaving Warner at home as well but perhaps select 1 of them.

Finally we might agree on something,lol.Similar thoughts about Smith but I think Finch is still certain to captain Australia in the T20 World Cup.I also would seriously consider leaving Warner at home as well but perhaps select 1 of them.

Nope smith should be batting at three come the world cup....you need class to bat through with the hitters

My best 11 for the WC

Warner ...class experience in indian conditions
Finch captain experience
Smith....the rock the hitters bat around
Stoinis..... middle over batting getting better
Maxwell..the enigma can win the game off his own bat
Marsh....get him back bowling big hitter
inglis best keeper in the country with the gloves if not inglis carey
Agar... gun fielder bowls well in t20
Starc....gun white ball cricketer
Cummins.....class
Zampa

No Wade for me....as he can only bat in the top three..and his keeping against spin is poor .....we need a keeper who can keep in indian conditions IMO Ingis is the best keeper with the gloves followed by Carey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back