Australia tour of New Zealand, 2021- 5 T20 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith hasn't played alot of international T20 but i admit his recent IPL campaign was poor. A refreshed and recharged Smith, can make it into our best T20 cricket side for sure.
better then 3 opening bats

there have been some pretty average former test captains that haven't made the transformation from Test/ODI to T20.

Think of : Ponting, Michael Clarke in particular. But Smith is a different player, if he had a full BBL campaign, his name would be in the mix for the national team. I'd still back a S Smith over some of the younger inexperienced players over the long run eg Phillipe, D'Arcy Short, McDermott etc

Smith hasn't played alot of international T20 but i admit his recent IPL campaign was poor. A refreshed and recharged Smith, can make it into our best T20 cricket side for sure.

They will pick him doesn’t mean he’d be near my side. I’d rather a hitter.

All set up for the decider on Sunday, whoever bats first will probably win if they play on the same pitch as it's getting worse to bat on as time goes on.
Kane's got to bowl.

Messed up by not bowling himself and Phillips, probably could have restricted Aus to 120.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamieson is weird, his domestic T20 stats are damn good. I understand why NZ are sticking with him.

But then again T20 is weird

Jhye Richardsons bowling is going under the radar, he should be dropped for the decider.
3 wickets at 40 but apparently Kane Richardson who has 7 at 17 is the spud.
BBL & IPL form is meaningless so giving him a free pass because he is seen as a future prospect is just wrong.

Jhye Richardsons bowling is going under the radar, he should be dropped for the decider.
BBL & IPL form is meaningless so giving him a free pass because he is seen as a future prospect is just wrong.

Jhye adds other things including being a lower order hitter.

Not sure if it's going under the radar.
It's been talked about a fair bit, especially by Junior.
He had a bad finish to the BBL and has had a poor series.

The Aussies just don't like making changes.
Still think McDermott should come in for Wade and Dorf for Jhye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back