Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t even try to prove anything you clown. Re-read all the posts.

Though I’d imagine 5 years of statistical data across the test careers of 6 players is a reasonable place to start.

But Hell, why bother with stats at all if they are so meaningless anyway.

Jomel Warrican is a better offie than Nathan Lyon.
Graeme Hick was an awesome test player.
Steve Smith was a way better batsman before he gave away legspin

I see you've lost the plot.

Of course there's a difference, but did you see the swing the English got in 2005? Its well known applying the mint saliva to the ball over and over does help with swing or else people wouldn't do it.

To then say well it's cheating but it's not as bad cheating... just lol.

Either it's illegal or it's not. Simple as that

So why can a player chew sugar laden gum - a universally used tactic to facilitate more saliva - and it’s fine?

Of course there's a difference, but did you see the swing the English got in 2005? Its well known applying the mint saliva to the ball over and over does help with swing or else people wouldn't do it.

To then say well it's cheating but it's not as bad cheating... just lol.

Either it's illegal or it's not. Simple as that
The English conditions, bowlers skill, seam position, wrist position are more of a factor in getting the ball to swing than some thin layer of sugar coating.

There is absolutely a difference. You think roughing up and gouging one side of the ball is the same as using sugar laced saliva? Please.

Just because you don't like a bloke you have never met or will ever meet and therefore are making judgements with 0 evidence to back them up it's a rather wasted argument
Last time I checked, there is plenty of evidence of David Warner being a top class s**t campaigner.

So why can a player chew sugar laden gum - a universally used tactic to facilitate more saliva - and it’s fine?

Former England captain Andrew Flintoff has warned ex-teammates to be careful in their criticism of Australia's ball tampering, conceding his team had "done a few things which aren't particularly in the rules".

Flintoff did not expand on what activities that "aren't particularly in the rules" he was referring to but former teammate and England opener Marcus Trescothick has previously revealed he used mints to shine the ball throughout the 2001 and 2005 Ashes series.

"I was firmly established as the man in charge of looking after the ball when we were fielding. It was my job to keep the shine on the new ball for as long as possible with a bit of spit and a lot of polish," Trescothick wrote in his autobiography Coming Back To Me.

"Through trial and error I finally settled on the best type of spit for the task at hand.

"It had been common knowledge in county cricket for some time that certain sweets produced saliva which, when applied to the ball for cleaning purposes, enabled it to keep its shine for longer and therefore its swing."

Cheating.

They were accused of altering the ball and he then refused to take the field which increased his suspension. It wasnt a suspension solely for shining the ball.
Incorrect. He was suspended from the third test against the West Indies because of ball tampering. He was then suspended again after this for breaching the spirit of the game. Don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative though.

Last time I checked, there is plenty of evidence of David Warner being a top class s**t campaigner.

Here say from others?
Or was it Virat Kohli saying he's a top bloke.
Various other cricketers who like him?

You are a campaigner. There now that it has been said by someone it must be fact.

Just because you don't like a bloke you have never met or will ever meet and therefore are making judgements with 0 evidence to back them up it's a rather wasted argument

Since when do you have to meet someone in person to make a personal judgement? What a ridiculous premise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here say from others?
Or was it Virat Kohli saying he's a top bloke.
Various other cricketers who like him?

You are a campaigner. There now that it has been said by someone it must be fact.
Should I disregard the ball tampering and the numerous times I've seen Warner act like a ballbag on the field and not form an opinion on him purely because I have never met the guy?

Should I disregard the ball tampering and the numerous times I've seen Warner act like a ballbag on the field and not form an opinion on him purely because I have never met the guy?

Works both ways too. Shouldn’t be allowed to like anyone until you’ve met them.

Pat Cummins = possible Nazi sympathiser until proven otherwise via face to face interaction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back