Australia v India 2nd ODI at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Green as a middle order batsmen, any of the other senior batsmen can open like Lehmann and Martyn did sometimes back in the day.
Dead rubber and he doesn't need to bowl so perfect time for Green to debut.
Wades not an 50 over opener and little chance of making the next WC so a pointless pick.
A good time to rotate the bowlers too, long summer ahead.

Wade will play. Opens for the Hurricanes in the BBL and is used to that role. It’s not a dead rubber anyway all these games count to get the best seeding in the next WC

India didn't need to 'hit out' or attack any more, the boundaries were flowing. They needed to do a better job at rotating the strike.

Tactically they were fine, they were still somewhat in the game with 20 overs to go and that is all you can ask for when chasing close to 400.

India didn't need to 'hit out' or attack any more, the boundaries were flowing. They needed to do a better job at rotating the strike.

Tactically they were fine, they were still somewhat in the game with 20 overs to go and that is all you can ask for when chasing close to 400.

They were more than in the game when Kholi and Rahul were in, would have backed them going 12-13 an over in the last 10 with those two in. The issue is they really are lacking another batsman at 6-7. Their tail is ultra long for a ODI. Meanwhile the only one who isn't a great bat in our lineup is Hazelwood and he's no Bumrah or Chahal with the bat!

Enriques was really great with the ball for us. Also that catch was right off the top shelf.
I'm not one of his fans, but credit where it was due he was quite important to the result.

100%. Whilst I wanted Green, just didn't see the point. Henriques was a very good selection especially on that pitch.

Guess Cummins has to come out too, so just Warner and he out. Would replace Warner with Wade, a straight swap, as Stoinis won't be bowling and Wade is a better pure bat. Andrew Tye in for Cummins IMO. He has good variations and we saw how crucial they can be last night.

Guess Cummins has to come out too, so just Warner and he out. Would replace Warner with Wade, a straight swap, as Stoinis won't be bowling and Wade is a better pure bat. Andrew Tye in for Warner IMO. He has good variations and we saw how crucial they can be last night.

Rather play Abbott than Tye!

We saw how effective Pandya and Henriques were with the changes of pace. I think Tye is better than both of them so a handy inclusion

Abbott does that too. He’s a decent lower order bat which they will like too

Lot's of people do it, but Tye is much better than a lot of others at that part of the game. Abbott being on of them

Not internationally he’s not. Abbott is in the better form this summer too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not internationally he’s not. Abbott is in the better form this summer too
Abbott is in better form. But I think Tye is a better short form bowler than Abbott, so therefore I would pick him ahead of Abbott. At the end of the day this isn't about me not wanting Abbott. I just want Tye ahead of him

Abbott is in better form. But I think Tye is a better short form bowler than Abbott, so therefore I would pick him ahead of Abbott. At the end of the day this isn't about me not wanting Abbott. I just want Tye ahead of him

I’d rather neither but if given the choice I would pick Abbott and it’s not close. Tye gets smashed internationally

They were more than in the game when Kholi and Rahul were in, would have backed them going 12-13 an over in the last 10 with those two in. The issue is they really are lacking another batsman at 6-7. Their tail is ultra long for a ODI. Meanwhile the only one who isn't a great bat in our lineup is Hazelwood and he's no Bumrah or Chahal with the bat!

Also missing Sharma big time. He’s one guy you know can ‘go’ for 30-40 overs.

Next game is in Canberra anyway isn't it? Different pitch.

I have seen enough from Tye at this point, he can stick to beating up on BBL scrubs.

This! Every time Tye plays internationally he gets smacked! Why does anyone think it would change this time?

Great to see Smith on fire and Australia win the series, but really hoping Manuka gives us a better contest between bat and ball.

Ever the optimist Manuka is usually the flattest of all pitches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back