Australia v India 2nd ODI at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Green as a middle order batsmen, any of the other senior batsmen can open like Lehmann and Martyn did sometimes back in the day.
Dead rubber and he doesn't need to bowl so perfect time for Green to debut.
Wades not an 50 over opener and little chance of making the next WC so a pointless pick.
A good time to rotate the bowlers too, long summer ahead.

Im pretty sure Wade made 74 in his international debut as an opener. He can do it. Better batsmen now as well.

I don’t think you’re getting it. Rahul and Pandya DID try and hit out. What game were you watching? The problem is Rahul is a normal batsman and finds it hard to manufacture shots, and pandya only wanted to play one shot

a different one to you by the looks of things.

guess we’ll agree to disagree 👍🏻

wait? We are still picking Andrew Tye in limited overs squads? Yuck. And A'rsy Short in for Warner? Double yuck. With 1 dead rubber ODI to come I'd have liked to have seen them take a punt on one of the young lads that have scored plenty of runs in the One Day Cup the last few years, Weatherald, Heazlett, Mcdermott etc. Rather see Philippe get a handful of T20's over Short too. Weird that they took him to England and nkg Short but seem to have forgotten about him already, or perhaps just giving him a break from bubbles after England and the IPL.

Last edited:
That's why they like them exclusive but if we were playing South Africa what would it rate? 200,000?
The fact it’s against India no doubt has an effect, but I think the numbers are more to do with the quality of players on show. Who wouldn’t want to watch Cummins and Hazlewood taking on Kohli, or Smith, Warner and Marnus taking on Bumrah? If we did the usual ODI thing and trotted our our second XI for these games then there wouldn’t be much interest. A full strength Australia vs a full strength South Africa would probably rate very well too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep have this recurring dream for the 3rd ODI

- India will win the toss and bat
- Starc will take 5 for
- Starc will deliver the "ball of the summer" - shaped across Kohli, swinging in line with middle and leg, and seaming into off stump

Not his biggest fan so not sure why this dream keeps coming to me.

I keep have this recurring dream for the 3rd ODI

- India will win the toss and bat
- Starc will take 5 for
- Starc will deliver the "ball of the summer" - shaped across Kohli, swinging in line with middle and leg, and seaming into off stump

Not his biggest fan so not sure why this dream keeps coming to me.

What you’re leaving out is Starc takes 5/106, Kohli fell on 200 and India set them 450 to win with AJ Pie beating Mick Lewis record

Remove this Banner Ad

Back