Australia v India, 2nd Test at Perth Stadium Dec 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

Man for man, if all players from both sides are in normal form, theirs is a lot more proven than australia’s. Pujara, Kohli and Rahane have all made difficult runs overseas - took Pujara a while but he’s done it in England and Australia this year. Rahane made a century in England this year and Murali Vijay has hit 140 at the Gabba before. The last two are in wretched form obviously so that doesn’t do much for them.

Never mind that 9 of their wickets fell to an off spinner in Perth.
Vijay made 140 at the Gabba ,you cry babies refused to play at the Gabba,it’s all about the bcci.Dont want drs when everyone else plays it,most other teams playing day nighters but no . Biggest precious nation playing cricket.

Vijay made 140 at the Gabba ,you cry babies refused to play at the Gabba,it’s all about the bcci.Dont want drs when everyone else plays it,most other teams playing day nighters but no . Biggest precious nation playing cricket.

Oh for f***s sake, NOT going for Australia doesn’t equal being an Indian supporter.

Never mind the fact that the venues had to actually BID to host the tests, and the Gabba lost out to Perth and Adelaide due to the fact that it’s a s**t stadium

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...s-out-ng-cbf8d07dce86a2aed513bd365f248bd5.amp

Do some f***ing research

India refused a day night test ,India previously refused drs or not ? You have the cheek to bag king warney and yet you got flogs like gangully,the racist turbunator,and king flog kohl.

India refused a day night test ,India previously refused drs or not ? You have the cheek to bag king warney and yet you got flogs like gangully,the racist turbunator,and king flog kohl.

India previously refused DRS yes. What that has to do with this series, is anyone’s guess. For a day night test both teams have to agree. So stiff s**t princess. Yes India does have flogs like Ganguly, Harbajan and Kohli. Just as Australia had one of the most talented, but downright f***witted sportsmen in modern history

It doesn’t alter the fact that I am not India, nor are they my team *******.

Tell us again how they refused to play at the Gabba

India previously refused DRS yes. What that has to do with this series, is anyone’s guess. For a day night test both teams have to agree. So stiff s**t princess. Yes India does have flogs like Ganguly, Harbajan and Kohli. Just as Australia had one of the most talented, but downright f***witted sportsmen in modern history

Dry ya eyes .

dry ya eyes and wipe off yer make up.

Whilst I wanted a D/N test and cricket in Australia wants more of it- India has every right to not want it as they don’t do it domestically and this they give a huge advantage to Australia as our players have played under those conditions before.

We tried Doherty in the 1st & 2nd Tests v England 2010-11, then 4 pacers in the 3rd & 4th Tests, then opted for Beer in the 5th Test in Sydney. Smith was played as a spinner/lower order bat against Pakistan in England 2010. As you can see, the quality of spinners were very poor, so Lyon became a logical replacement for Beer when we toured Sri Lanka.
I still remember Warne saying Beer was going to be the next big thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never understand calls from fans to try and help the aussies out by producing seaming bouncy wickets.

A) Australia has a horrid record on such decks
B) all those wickets do is narrow the gap between exceptional and good seam attacks. Same as how absolute raging turners often backfire for Asian teams when visiting sides with inferior but still capable spin attacks tour.
Australia has a better pace attack than India, one that is proven on bouncy but generally easy to bat on Australian tracks. India has a good, capable attack but one who probably can’t match australia’s If there isn’t a lot in the deck. Put them on a green one and suddenly Shami, Sharma, Bumrah and Yadav become a lot more dangerous and the advantage of Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins is lessened.
Australia's win against India on that minefield pitch is a perfect example. A guy who barely turns it managed a 10-for and was the leading wicket taker in the series for a while, until they met the more pace-friendly pitches.

The point remains the same. SA served up a green top and it was only the work of arguably the most gifted batsman of the millennium that stopped India exploiting it for a win. The result doesn’t alter the essence of what is being said - teams serving up billiard tables against India run the risk of losing the advantage they have.
Talk of up to 14mm of grass on the pitch at the MCG for day one. Going to seam about and play slow.

See another article from https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/su...-shastri/a4c0589d-111b-47ec-a509-bb28b0a871a2 Sunny Gavaskar saying Kohli and Ravi Shastri will have to go if India can’t win this series. Sunny seems to be India’s equivalent of Neil Harvey when it comes to negative commentary on their country’s current cricketing direction.
It's a fair point though. This is like the 3rd XI batting lineup for Australia and if they can't beat it, what are they doing.

Apparently worries of another slow track in Melbourne.

They have had a year to work it out and still concerns.

If the pitch gets another poor rating,the ground will be suspended for 12 months.

Matt Page is the pitch curator having previously been the WACA pitch curator.

Over to you Matty.

Apparently worries of another slow track in Melbourne.

They have had a year to work it out and still concerns.

If the pitch gets another poor rating,the ground will be suspended for 12 months.

Matt Page is the pitch curator having previously been the WACA pitch curator.

Over to you Matty.
He's done a heap of work on it apparently and it has had fairly good results in the Shield with only 3 scores over 300 in 11 innings. Not one travelling side has made it to 300 yet.

He's done a heap of work on it apparently and it has had fairly good results in the Shield with only 3 scores over 300 in 11 innings. Not one travelling side has made it to 300 yet.

Proof will be in the pudding so to speak. Adelaide and for that matter the new Perth stadium backed up their words but producing a good test match pitch.

Proof will be in the pudding so to speak. Adelaide and for that matter the new Perth stadium backed up their words but producing a good test match pitch.
He's got a tough job. The Adelaide and Perth pitches are designed differently and Melbourne will have the same design next year.

Still confident he can make it lively enough for a good result though from what I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back