Australia v India, 2nd Test at Perth Stadium Dec 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't eliminate the sun in summer in Perth. But you can manage which tiers of the stadium are open to the viewing public. I might look s**t on TV to have lots of empty seats near the fence if a batsman hots a boundary, but the fans at the ground have paid good money to be there.

I think this illustrates why people want to sit in the top deck.

800px-E37_Perth_Stadium_Open_Day_089.JPG

Glory be, unless I was sitting in that shaded area there is no way in f**k I would want to go to this game and get melted inside an hour.

I went to Adelaide a few years back and got roasted in the shade.

CA have f**ked up in a big way.

As a bowler there is nothing more frustrating than being regularly called for no balls. If it was happening to me I start to concentrate on my run up and where my front foot is landing and no where I am bowling the ball. It will throw out my rhythm and therefore I'm likely to bowl more poor deliveries. It's not just about the wickets off no balls it much more than that..not to mention the runs that are missed

I dare say it's been mentioned in other threads, however, I'm under the impression he bowled uncalled no-balls regularly throughout the first test. In which case a number surpassing 31 would have directly affected the match result.

Ridiculous attitude to have when there are parts of the stadium where this could be avoided.

Yeah I get that too, open up the entire stadium - no dramas with that ethos - but reading some of the comments it’s as though no one as ever had to sit in an unshaded spot at a sporting event before. If the stadium was full 20,000 would have to sit in it so it’s worth acknowledging that there ARE ways to deal with some sunlight

Unless you are gonna sit out there with you shirt off and drink 20+ beers I don't see how it's a health issue for 99.9% of people that know how to cover an sunscreen up.

It's still ****in stupid not letting people where they want though.

Basically this.

The problem could have been avoided with some half intelligent administration but now that it’s decides, just wear a big hat and some bloody sunscreen and the health side of things at least goes away

Basically this.

The problem could have been avoided with some half intelligent administration but now that it’s decides, just wear a big hat and some bloody sunscreen and the health side of things at least goes away
You do realise wearing some sunscreen and a hat doesn’t make 36 degrees (more then likely 40+ out in the seats under direct sunlight) just disappear yeah?

Last edited:
Game should be at the WACA, a few hundred thousand bucks could off fixed the areas with shade sails and now it’s gone to the new stadium where at a concrete jungle it will be even hotter and double the amount of people in the sun.

So often in the thread about Perth's Tests at the WACA people would comment on the lack of shade there and now that they have a stadium that provides that they decide not to use it. It makes no sense at all.

Like every ground in the world only half of it will be in the shade, there must have been numerous stinking hot days for a Boxing Day test at the MCG, do the Victorians complain that 30-40k were sitting in the sun all day?
I agree with you that if there is shaded areas people should be able to use it but in my view the game should stay at the WACA and they should of addressed the issues there.

Like every ground in the world only half of it will be in the shade, there must have been numerous stinking hot days for a Boxing Day test at the MCG, do the Victorians complain that 30-40k were sitting in the sun all day?
I agree with you that if there is shaded areas people should be able to use it but in my view the game should stay at the WACA and they should of addressed the issues there.
Having been there last year, yes, yes they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game should be at the WACA, a few hundred thousand bucks could off fixed the areas with shade sails and now it’s gone to the new stadium where at a concrete jungle it will be even hotter and double the amount of people in the sun.

After the disgrace of the last couple of WACA pitches I’m glad it has moved. It can’t be worse!

Its easy go to the cricket and fry or don't go.. we will enjoy it on t.v

All this does is justify why a person who loves their cricket is better off sitting of sitting at home on a recliner with A/C having a few quiet ones while watching the cricket in 4K.

Cricket is not like live footy where it is much more enjoyable being at the ground.

Test cricket can still be rather riveting watching it on TV when there is no runs or wickets taken, but at the ground can be as boring as f**k especially when the weather is 40 degrees and the beers are warm and cost $10-$15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back