Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah it was a real road Eng were rolled for 218 in the first dig and lost by and innings, might pay to do some research before making bullshit statement , or it might pay to watch the Aussies bowl for a change.

2nd dig, thankyou very much, nice research by the way. The fact England made 400 in the 1st innings shows it was most certainly a road, the second innings for england only started halfway through day 4.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Maybe the fans should actually show up then! Most would make the same decision, why should they staff the whole stadium when it’s barely 1/3 full?

I have been watching cricket in Perth since the 70s. Just turning up and being in the sun is a s**t idea. I got sunburnt enough when I was young and dumb. People are smarter now. Shade is essential.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have been watching cricket in Perth since the 70s. Just turning up and being in the sun is a s**t idea. I got sunburnt enough when I was young and dumb. People are smarter now. Shade is essential.

This ^

I mean ffs with everything we know about skin cancer. ffs CA needs a kick up its arse.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England

So they designed the stadium poorly if the only shade is up the top deck and it’s unlikely to be needed very often?

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
If I was the batting team I think the no balls not being called is an advantage and when the bowler thinks he gets a wicket he is screwed.

As a bowler there is nothing more frustrating than being regularly called for no balls. If it was happening to me I start to concentrate on my run up and where my front foot is landing and no where I am bowling the ball. It will throw out my rhythm and therefore I'm likely to bowl more poor deliveries. It's not just about the wickets off no balls it much more than that..not to mention the runs that are missed

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
So they designed the stadium poorly if the only shade is up the top deck and it’s unlikely to be needed very often?
Its actually as close to a perfectly designed structure you will get but even this cant overcome the pricks running Cricket Australia. They just want people compressed into the lower decks to present better on tv.

Last edited:
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
As a bowler there is nothing more frustrating than being regularly called for no balls. If it was happening to me I start to concentrate on my run up and where my front foot is landing and no where I am bowling the ball. It will throw out my rhythm and therefore I'm likely to bowl more poor deliveries. It's not just about the wickets off no balls it much more than that..not to mention the runs that are missed

I’m with grotto.

Yeah there is a chance it will throw you off your rhythm. There is an equal chance that within a few balls the issue is ironed out and the bowler has adjusted.

If a player gets called a couple of times he takes steps to remedy the problem. Gabriel is the worst no ball offender I know, but his wickets - and there are lots of them - almost invariably come off no balls when he hasn’t previously been called in a spell, even though there have been plenty of them.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Its actually as close to a perfectly designed structure you will get but even this cant overcome the pricks running Cricket Australia. They just want people compressed into the lower decks to present better on tv.

Plus saving the cost of having staff manning the whole stadium when it’s empty

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers

You can't eliminate the sun in summer in Perth. But you can manage which tiers of the stadium are open to the viewing public. I might look s**t on TV to have lots of empty seats near the fence if a batsman hots a boundary, but the fans at the ground have paid good money to be there.

I think this illustrates why people want to sit in the top deck.

800px-E37_Perth_Stadium_Open_Day_089.JPG

CrazyInjun

Debutant
Mar 11, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Astonishing how blase the reaction to this has been - if it was Starc there'd be outrage.

Aww the victim mentality is quite strong in this one.

Tbf it does happen often with fans of weaker teams. They start looking for excuses to whinge about since the actual game play doesn't leave much to brag about.

mugiwara

Team Captain
Dec 20, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
India
This guy would be handy tomorrow

https://www.theroar.com.au/cricket/...t-feat-with-swing-bowling-masterclass-712321/

Can see India playing four fast bowlers. If they don't it should be Kuldeep instead of Jadeja
We already have a long tail and without Jadeja/Ashwin, it's gonna be much worse.

And one more thing which Ashwin did well is hold up one end while the pacers searched for wicket from other end, in the first match. But that's not gonna happen with Kuldeep. He will leak runs and if it's not his day, he won't pick wickets either. Jadeja has much better control.

With jadeja, you get a better bowler, batsmen and a gun fielder. SO I would go with Jaddu than with Kuldeep.

Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
Was hoping it would start 11am local time, maximise the amount of cricket I can kick back and watch after work. 11am Perth start means 9.30 (with the extra half hour) finish in the East.

10.20 start seems strange?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Was hoping it would start 11am local time, maximise the amount of cricket I can kick back and watch after work. 11am Perth start means 9.30 (with the extra half hour) finish in the East.

10.20 start seems strange?

No daylight savings in WA remember. So a 6.30 finish there would be, light wise, the same as 7.30 in the east, which probably wouldn’t quite be good enough for test cricket (even though they invariably put the lights on in that case anyway).

I don’t really get the whinging about the sun. I’ve only ever watched cricket at one stadium - Sydney - but you get baked there in most of the stands at some point. Take the necessary steps to cover up and deal with it.

I don’t really get the whinging about the sun. I’ve only ever watched cricket at one stadium - Sydney - but you get baked there in most of the stands at some point. Take the necessary steps to cover up and deal with it.

Ridiculous attitude to have when there are parts of the stadium where this could be avoided.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Sitting in full sun on a forty degree day can be a health issue, to prevent things that might mitigate that from happening to save a buck is ridiculous. CA are shooting themselves in the foot again.
Unless you are gonna sit out there with you shirt off and drink 20+ beers I don't see how it's a health issue for 99.9% of people that know how to cover an sunscreen up.

It's still ****in stupid not letting people where they want though.

Back