Australia v India 3rd ODI in Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

From cricinfo:

2.05pm Steven Smith presented Cam Green his ODI cap. Big moment for the young batting allrounder.

Some pictures of the pitch coming in too - a few cracks around, but they're widely spaced-out, and it looks like they'll need to open up a lot more (it probably won't happen over the course of 100 overs) to have a major impact.

Three changes for Australia. Back niggle for Starc, Aaron Finch says. Green, Abbott and Ashton Agar are in for Warner, Cummins and Starc. "Myself and Marnus will be opening."

from cricinfo:

India have really rung in the changes.

India: 1 Shikhar Dhawan, 2 Shubman Gill, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Shreyas Iyer, 5 KL Rahul (wk), 6 Hardik Pandya, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Shardul Thakur, 9 Kuldeep Yadav, 10 Jasprit Bumrah, 11 T Natarajan.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’d be giving Marnus as much practice at 4 as possible. It’s where he’s going to be needed in the next World Cup. Don’t like having him open.

Wouldn't have switch hitters back in the days when wearing an onion on your belt was fashionable...

Maxwell scored 45 and 63 in his side’s two wins last weekend, with his entertaining innings lasting just 19 and 29 balls respectively.

The Victorian has combined power with creativity to hit nine boundaries and seven sixes - but some of his tactics didn’t sit well with ex-Test captain Ian Chappell.

Chappell believes switch-hitting - changing your stance from left to right or vice versa as the bowler completes his run-up - is an unfair advantage given bowling sides cannot defend against a late adjustment.

“I’d love the administrators who made those laws, I’d love them to explain to me how that’s fair,” he told Nine.

“I just can’t believe the players don’t arc up about it. If I’m captain, I’m going to take the ball myself and I’m going to tell the umpire I’m bowling right-arm over (the wicket), and then I’m going to run in and bowl around.

“Obviously the umpire’s going to complain and I’m going to say ‘well, you stop him doing something I think is totally unfair and I’ll stop doing something unfair’.”

Can Langer please stop being competent? Why am I intrigued to watch an ODI against India where our bowling attack is Hazlewood, Abbott, Zampa, Henriques, Green, Agar, and Maxwell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Langer please stop being competent? Why am I intrigued to watch an ODI against India where our bowling attack is Hazlewood, Abbott, Zampa, Henriques, Green, Agar, and Maxwell?

Who would you prefer to have? It’s a good attack

From cricinfo:

2.05pm Steven Smith presented Cam Green his ODI cap. Big moment for the young batting allrounder.

Some pictures of the pitch coming in too - a few cracks around, but they're widely spaced-out, and it looks like they'll need to open up a lot more (it probably won't happen over the course of 100 overs) to have a major impact.

Still see him as having bowling as his long suit

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
ODI Cap No. 230 – Cameron Green

Cap 30: Alan Turner, 6 Matches (1975)
Cap 80: David Boon, 181 Matches (1984-1995)
Cap 130: Andy Bichel, 67 Matches (1997-2004)
Cap 180: Graham Manou, 4 Matches (2009)

Alphabetically between
Shaun Graf, 11 Matches (1980-1981)
Brad Haddin, 126 Matches (2001-2015)

Other Camerons to play:
Cameron White, 91 Matches (2005-2018)

Other Greens to play:
None

Other CGs to play:
None

Last 10 Debutants from Western Australia
228. Ashton Turner (2019)
227. Jason Behrendorff (2019)
226. D’Arcy Short (2018)
224. Jhye Richardson (2018)
222. Andrew Tye (2018)
221. Hilton Cartwright (2017)
211. Joel Paris (2016)
208. Ashton Agar (2015)
204. Nathan Coulter-Nile (2013)
190. Mitchell Marsh (2011)

Six of the last ten ODI debutants from Western Australia (seven if you include Stoinis, who was playing for Victoria at the time), three from the same club (Subiaco-Floreat), and four if you add Stoinis, who plays for them now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back