Australia v India (women's: 3 ODIs, 1 Test, 3 T20Is)

Which teenager are you expecting to be the most sensational?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume you are talking about LPno1 and Carbine Chaos.

Seems a little petty and pathetic, everyone is entitled to an opinion.
You and bombersnoclue jump on and off players so fast that you must think nobody notices. Keep digging those holes deeper for yourselves if you want, but don't just assume people are going to forget.

Yeah, I’m leaning towards one less bowler, we currently have eight in the team and Meg doesn’t know how to use them effectively.

Yep makes the most sense and it is the most realistic too because as you said the won’t not pick Haynes and they won’t drop Perry despite her form being mediocre at t20’s for a while.

If McGrath is in there she should be purely a batsman only bowling if utterly necessary. I still don’t rate her bowling much at least at the top level

I assume you are talking about LPno1 and Carbine Chaos.

Seems a little petty and pathetic, everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Did I shitcan McGrath? Surprised if I did.

She’s done very well this series. I question the balance of the squads they’re selecting but been impressed with her batting.

Did I shitcan McGrath?
No, I don't recall you saying "I hope McGrath is dropped" or "McGrath's batting is irrelevant".

The person who did say that decided to pass the buck on to you rather than own it, which seems kinda... petty and pathetic?

Did I shitcan McGrath? Surprised if I did.

She’s done very well this series. I question the balance of the squads they’re selecting but been impressed with her batting.
No he was talking about me, I apologize for including you I was being a little sarcastic because he was being absurd.

No, I don't recall you saying "I hope McGrath is dropped" or "McGrath's batting is irrelevant".

The person who did say that decided to pass the buck on to you rather than own it, which seems kinda... petty and pathetic?
I find it interesting that you believe a persons opinion can not be changed or swayed by a players performance. Don't you base you player rankings on performance? Or is all just guesswork?

I was a little surprised when McGrath was selected because she had a disappointing WNCL and WBBL last season, but she has performed very well since joining the Australian squad and has earned her place. I'm still not entirely convinced about her bowling but her batting has been excellent and has saved us on at least two occasions. As for Perry I stand by what I have said from the start, the T20 game has past her by.

As mentioned by Carbine Chaos, team balance is the biggest issue with the Australian team at the moment and LukeParkerno1 and I have the same concerns. We went into the test match with eight bowlers, two wicketkeeper batters and one recognized batter and you don't think that is worth discussing?

I find it interesting that you believe a persons opinion can not be changed or swayed by a players performance. Don't you base you player rankings on performance? Or is all just guesswork?

I was a little surprised when McGrath was selected because she had a disappointing WNCL and WBBL last season, but she has performed very well since joining the Australian squad and has earned her place. I'm still not entirely convinced about her bowling but her batting has been excellent and has saved us on at least two occasions. As for Perry I stand by what I have said from the start, the T20 game has past her by.

As mentioned by Carbine Chaos, team balance is the biggest issue with the Australian team at the moment and LukeParkerno1 and I have the same concerns. We went into the test match with eight bowlers, two wicketkeeper batters and one recognized batter and you don't think that is worth discussing?
And if McGrath hadn't been given a life on 3 last night, you and a few others would already be back to potting her. Basing your team selection preferences so heavily on who got good scores/figures in their last match is just lazy cricket thinking, and it's a waste of time arguing with.

And if McGrath hadn't been given a life on 3 last night, you and a few others would already be back to potting her. Basing your team selection preferences so heavily on who got good scores/figures in their last match is just lazy cricket thinking, and it's a waste of time arguing with.
You're making a huge assumption there, I haven't asked for Healy or Gardner to be dropped so why would I ask for McGrath.

Probably see some changes tonight you’d assume Tayla wouldn’t ply 3 games in a row.

Bad feeling Sutherland will play
I'd like to see Maitlan Brown get a game, lets see what she can do.

I'd like to see Maitlan Brown get a game, lets see what she can do.

Think Campbell comes in for Tayla

Then maybe Brown for Darlington

Personally we are still a Batman short how many AR’s does one need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which Brown?

I also think we are a batter short. Rest Vlaeminck and Carey or Darlington, give M. Brown and Redmayne a go.

Which Brown?

I also think we are a batter short. Rest Vlaeminck and Carey or Darlington, give M. Brown and Redmayne a go.

That’s the way I’d do only issue is Redmayne is an opener

Exactly - we have too many bowling options and it seems at times that Meg really doesn't know how to make the best use of them. It's like we're playing junior cricket with everyone getting a chance, rather than making the call that we don't need every bowling option to bowl every match

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Some people are calling it the Ball of the Century, it's definitely the best ball I've seen in the woman's game.

I think when the pitch assists so much it can't be the best delivery, as it wasn't deliberate by the bowler, just lucky. Doesn't stop it from being a stunning ball, though.

You're making a huge assumption there, I haven't asked for Healy or Gardner to be dropped so why would I ask for McGrath.
So you're claiming that if McGrath had only made 3 last night, after averaging 16 at a strike rate of 82 last WBBL, today you'd still be saying that was a good selection? Buuuuuullshiiiiiiiiiiiit.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Unless CA have got a great deal by buying fireworks in bulk I know a way they can save some cash.

Back