Australia v New Zealand 1st Test at Perth December 12-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Profile checks out, no bias there.

Carey was a bloody AFL player until he was like 20, no wonder the guy is average with the gloves.

Can name four or five shield glovemen better than him.

Stats dont lie. He took the most dismissals in a sheffield shield season and from then he has been earmaked as the next keeper. Its also true as I heard Chappeli say it on our radio here that they picked Paine as they rated him at the time as the best keeper and wanted one keeper for all 3 formats. So Wade was dropped and Paine was brought in who was the 20/20 keeper at the time. That lasted one season before Carey was fast tracked into our 20/20 side. Carey had a shocking world cup but is much better than that.

1576399930553.png

Let's mentally scar em here.

Time to bring in a leg slip, two more short legs & begin the bouncer onslaught

Apparently 20k tickets for Boxing Day were bought by people actually in NZ, and extra flights have been put on between NZ and Melbourne just for the test. I’m expecting 75k at least.

For context, that’s roughly the same amount of tickets typically purchased from England when the poms are here.
Should be a good crowd, I’m lucky enough to be going, hope it will be more entertaining than last year, I left the match by lunch last year, aiming to stay the whole day this time.

Dar really just seems to have random sessions where he gives everything out instantly then others where he gives nothing, crazy such a consistently poor ump is rated so highly.
This is why he frustrates me as an umpire. I have never established a pattern to his decison making. You have umpires who are bowler friendly and those who are more conservative, Dar is just random.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol this pitch is far more dangerous than that MCG pitch. The ball is doing everything off similar lengths, including going underground. That G pitch was just extra bouncy and the batsmen should have been able to adapt to that

The pitch is clearly unsafe to bat on, they should abandon the match and call it a draw.

Its not the first time you've tried to worm the enzedders out of a hopeless position by calling for the match to be abandoned.

But it's ok as it will all be over soon enough and the pitch isn't doing anything it didn't do when Australia batted. Carry on whining though, it's such a kiwi thing to do

This is why he frustrates me as an umpire. I have never established a pattern to his decison making. You have umpires who are bowler friendly and those who are more conservative, Dar is just random.
Umpire's like that I assume are easily intimidated by the appealing players. After giving everything out they have to over adjust and not give anything. Was definitely Wilson's biggest issue.

Lol this pitch is far more dangerous than that MCG pitch. The ball is doing everything off similar lengths, including going underground. That G pitch was just extra bouncy and the batsmen should have been able to adapt to that
Ummm...

I've played plenty of grade cricket and like you said the better bowlers have better control.

The better bowlers also have good pace off the wicket,while the lesser quicks are more just quick through the air,there's a big difference but the speed guns will say they're equal.

Really good quicks also have a different trajectory',which is a bit harder to just explain.

Indeed, and that’s where the guys’ height, or rather height at delivery, comes into play.

I never faced anyone with the height of, say, Ambrose or Starc. But I did play against plenty of tall guys and I actually found them easier to play if they bowled shorter.

The shorter quicks tended to not ‘lose’ a lot of pace off the deck, if you know what I mean?

The s**t calls are flowing thick and fast from over east today

They call the MCG pitch dangerous. WA need to man up with that bounce at the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back