Australia v New Zealand 1st Test at Perth December 12-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it up to the batsman to review a low catch or is that the umpire's responsibility?

Either and both. Umpires can choose to review a low catch if they wish, or they can choose not to. Batters can review for whatever they want. You could review a bowled if you thought there was some chance the bowler over-stepped.

Is it up to the batsman to review a low catch or is that the umpire's responsibility?

That depends if the ump is sure or not. If he's sure the catch was taken, then he has no need to request a review.

If he's not sure then he can ask the other umpires

Surely worst review ever?

He was cursing after he reviewed it because he knew he hit it and that it was unlucky.

Its a review mate not a time machine.

No that’s still Paine in the Ashes

Won’t be beaten

It would be pretty hard for anyone in that NZ team apart from Kane and Ross to look Wagner in the eye right now. The lack of fight in this team is scary. Raval looks like he's got the yips now so that's his career at the highest level done I'm afraid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely worst review ever?

He was cursing after he reviewed it because he knew he hit it and that it was unlucky.

Its a review mate not a time machine.

Most reviews require about as much skill as calling heads or tails before the start of the match - although they do give the commentators and the media something more to talk and write about...

That was a desperation review more than anything...
In fairness, it’s very likely he didn’t feel anything on his bat on the way in,. He did look a bit bemused.

I’ve been given out when I was dead certain I never went near the ball, only to have my batting partner tell me later that I hit the cover off it.

It would be pretty hard for anyone in that NZ team apart from Kane and Ross to look Wagner in the eye right now. The lack of fight in this team is scary. Raval looks like he's got the yips now so that's his career at the highest level done I'm afraid.

This I don’t get.
Go through their dismissals. Ok Taylor got himself out - he gets a reprieve because he made 80 in the first dig.
Latham was trying to play back, Raval was trying to block one that lifted, Williamson wasn’t being reckless, Nicholls literally played a forward defence and was caught after the ball rebounded off his pad.

Lack of quality batting, perhaps, but it’s not like they’ve gotten themselves out swiping at everything

This I don’t get.
Go through their dismissals. Ok Taylor got himself out - he gets a reprieve because he made 80 in the first dig.
Latham was trying to play back, Raval was trying to block one that lifted, Williamson wasn’t being reckless, Nicholls literally played a forward defence and was caught after the ball rebounded off his pad.

Lack of quality batting, perhaps, but it’s not like they’ve gotten themselves out swiping at everything
Read my post bruv. I said APART from Kane and the rossinator

I've seen Titus come out with plenty of good gear over the years - but gee set pieces to camera are not his wheelhouse.

Nicholls can't have realised it hit the back of his bat, surely?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back