Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Session Times (AWST)
First Session 1:00p.m. - 3:00p.m.
Tea 3:00p.m. - 3:40p.m.
Second Session 3:40p.m. - 5:40p.m.
Dinner 5:40p.m. - 6:00p.m.
Third Session 6:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. (probably longer)

Add 3 hours if you are in a proper state, 2 if you're in QLD or 2.5 if you're in SA.

I assume that's what they'll call the breaks anyway. The CA preview says the first break will be 40 mins but they also say you can buy twilight tickets for the 2nd and 3rd session starting at 3:20p.m. so I'm ****ed if I know.

troybe

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Apr 19, 2008
Bunnings Institute for the Galactically Stupid
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Session Times (AWST)

Add 3 hours if you are in a proper state, 2 if you're in QLD or 2.5 if you're in SA.

I assume that's what they'll call the breaks anyway. The CA preview says the first break will be 40 mins but they also say you can buy twilight tickets for the 2nd and 3rd session starting at 3:20p.m. so I'm f’ed if I know.

Tea goes for 20 mins. Dinner for 40 mins. Just edit for correct times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Session Times (AWST)

I assume that's what they'll call the breaks anyway. The CA preview says the first break will be 40 mins but they also say you can buy twilight tickets for the 2nd and 3rd session starting at 3:20p.m. so I'm f’ed if I know.
I’m guessing they are saying that twilight ticket holders can get into the ground from 3:20 pm onwards.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Tea goes for 20 mins. Dinner for 40 mins. Just edit for correct times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m guessing they are saying that twilight ticket holders can get into the ground from 3:20 pm onwards.
I assumed that too VD but was just covering my bases. Troybe that's usually what happens in a D/N test but they've said for the Perth test the first break will be 40 mins (it's so they can go to News in the Eastern states at 6pm and not miss anything). I doubt they will call a 3pm break Dinner so was unsure whether that would be Lunch and the 5:40pm break is Tea or whether they'll still call it Tea and then Dinner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So much will come down to the Kiwis getting wickets with the new ball. Even Pakistan had Australia's batsmen in trouble with a brand new ball, but only managed one wicket each time - and after 8-10 overs each ball were utterly non-threatening.
I expect Australia to win comfortbaly, but if NZ can get into the middle order early maybe a game or two will be in the balance for a couple of days. NZ has a bit more spice in their attack, so the older ball shouldn't be as easy to play but its still going to come down to breaking through with the new one and maybe keeping it new for a touch longer (which will depend on the surfaces and so might take until Sydney).
Adjusting to batting in Perth won't be easy for NZ either. In NZ, or at most neutral venues, this might be a close series. In Australia, last season it might have been close; but this season I don't expect so. The Kiwis will fight though, and a good day one along the way might keep a game interesting for a while.

CrowBloke

A 2023 BELIEVER (until proven otherwise)
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I'm in SA where it's cool enough today to wear trackies and a T-shirt. Got the day off; self-employed.
I'm not in a proper state yet, but should be after a few (read: several) Wild Turks'n'Coke, by tea I reckon.
That might distort time by 3 hours or, based on previous experience, overnight even.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
Session Times (AWST)

It's gonna be a stinker over here. Will not be fun playing that first session.

Session Times (AWST)

Well you have to be catatonic to live in NSW or Vic

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Watching a home Test in Australia until 11:30pm...

tenor.gif

It's gonna be a stinker over here. Will not be fun playing that first session.

The second session will probably be pretty awful too. I expect it will still be on/near max temp until 5ish, given it's not cooling down at all tomorrow....or the next day...or the next day o_O

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
The second session will probably be pretty awful too. I expect it will still be on/near max temp until 5ish, given it's not cooling down at all tomorrow....or the next day...or the next day o_O
We're due for an early Doctor, so that should help some.

A highlight for Oz is there are no Wozzie reps - no Boggy Marsh and even more importantly his little brother Mere Marsh, the worst number 6 in Test history to have played 30+ games was not in contention.

Hopefully Perth does not provide an autobahn and the Snoozie bowlers deliver a decent challenge to our batsmen. In particular I would not mind seeing the flat track bully bogan opener cop some comeuppance.

Williamson is one of my favourite players and I am looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back