Australia v New Zealand 2nd Test at the MCG December 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

It's 25 years to the day since Shane Warne took a Test hat trick at the MCG. I wonder if one of our blokes can mark the occasion by doing it today.
If ever there was someone that you would choose to bowl your hat trick ball to it would be Devon Malcolm.

They're a sneaky chance of a win here given the temperatures and flattening of the pitch
Need to bat time and our players haven't shown the capability of doing that. They're nicking off driving to any good ball they get.

They need to wear the Aussies down, have them bowl 100 overs and then the loose balls will come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cummins is relentless man, he gives you nothing. No freebies and always hitting a probing line and length.

Reminds me of McGrath in that regard.

Did he model himself on McGrath?

Test batsman averaging 35 is simply not good enough.
Like Paine averaging 30, actually 20 since he came back in.
Burns another one

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Only 12 batsmen in the world scored more runs and had a higher average than Wade in 2019. Which means he'd make a World 2nd XI

That's not good enough for you?

Blundell is the perfect example to players like Raval or Brathwaite of why, even if your natural game is to be cautious, some positivity goes a long way. If you’re out of nick and you’re a blocker, your settling in period becomes elongated and you are vulnerable for longer. If you can get to 10 in relatively quick time, your comfort and form can come back a lot quicker.

Have we hit a single cover drive this match lol?

Swear everytime our batsmen try to play it they nick off or the ball narrowly misses the edge.

Bowlers look on a different level.

Blundell is the perfect example to players like Raval or Brathwaite of why, even if your natural game is to be cautious, some positivity goes a long way. If you’re out of nick and you’re a blocker, your settling in period becomes elongated and you are vulnerable for longer. If you can get to 10 in relatively quick time, your comfort and form can come back a lot quicker.
I wish you were my coach 15 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back