Australia v New Zealand 2nd Test at the MCG December 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG seriously

The Aussies cant use DRS because "it wasnt a big enough of a wrong decision'

people cling to their twit logic

For 130 years of test cricket, no one would have questioned that decision. It was high-ish and swinging towards leg. And the not-even-foolproof (it has been proven by a live tv experiment before) DRS system showed that it was JUST within the umpires call parameters.

That’s not a howler.

He wouldn't make this NZ team lol.

Should count himself fortunate to be facing us and not Australia's bowlers.
Scored 2 centuries in an away Ashes series. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they aren't actually doing well.

3 reds = howler. 1 or 2 orange indications is a much more circumspect prospect and could be classed as "not a howler"..

I don't get this specificity on saying "the system was brought in to remove the howler" when it's clearly evolved from that point and has many more reasons to exist since then.
If it was for the 'howler', there'd be only one of them and the third umpire would be permitted to review a dismissal themselves.

For 130 years of test cricket, no one would have questioned that decision. It was high-ish and swinging towards leg. And the not-even-foolproof (it has been proven by a live tv experiment before) DRS system showed that it was JUST within the umpires call parameters.

That’s not a howler.
wrong. it showed it was actually outside the 50% allowed "umpire's call" region, which made it a full red which would have overturned the umpire's decision. that's a howler.

Personally I would like DRS to be umpire driven like rugby. Umpire says I think its out, is there any reason its not and unless there is clear evidence that he is wrong its umpires call

Since coming back into the test team (against England in 2017) Paine has averaged 30.45; from 46 innings, he's made 1008 runs and been dismissed 33 times.

I get that people want him dropped for whatever reason, but let's keep it to the truth, thanks.

Thanks. I knew that looked woefully incorrect but didn’t follow up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wrong. it showed it was actually outside the 50% allowed "umpire's call" region, which made it a full red which would have overturned the umpire's decision. that's a howler.

Re-read what I said. It was a bee’s d*ck within that parameter. I know it wasn’t umpire’s call. Literally a millimetre to the leg side and it would have been

I would take it for a young bloke establishing himself in the team but for an old bloke without much of a future I am a bit of a sceptic. Bring in a future prospect and give them a summer. Possibly average the same and we have invested. Would also get them out of the big bash which is another bonus

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
People always bang on about this but there's no good young batsmen in Australia who are consistently scoring runs at FC level.

If there was a young bloke scoring close to what Wade was at FC level he would be in the side but everyone who has been touted has had various seasons of garbage lately.

If it was for the 'howler', there'd be only one of them and the third umpire would be permitted to review a dismissal themselves.
This logic is good, but doesn't necessarily hold as short-form cricket has only one review per side... Test cricket only gets two because it's significantly longer, I think. Still, there's plenty of reasons for DRS aside from "omg absolutely horrible decision that must be overturned".

Not what I said. You said all incorrect umpiring decisions are howlers

I disagree. Some are worse than others.

i was responding to some 'howler' muppet who stated Aust couldn't use the DRS because it was a wrong decision but not a BIG enough of a wrong decision

a wrong decision is a wrong decision..posters placing their own subjective analysis on a review doesn't change a teams ability to use the system

Is this a howler?

9F5A426E-574C-4C1E-A98A-660F2CD154B7.png

Have we hit a single cover drive this match lol?

Swear everytime our batsmen try to play it they nick off or the ball narrowly misses the edge.

Bowlers look on a different level.
On some (read, Australian) wickets, you rather want to put away the big expansive square of the wicket drives because of the extra bounce. It's how generations of otherwise prolific Indian players have come here and struggled, but players with terrific focus and will to survive (VVS Laxman, Brian Lara) have demonstrated that - if you can shelve these shots - you're onto a good thing here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back