Australia v New Zealand 2nd Test at the MCG December 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

So Markram has a fractured finger. I think he punched another wall.

Pretty small sample size. Batted fine in England against short stuff when he returned.

If he starts going out in the same manner when his team desperately needs runs then I’ll be concerned.
That's fair. Before the Archer incident, he averaged 94 against short pitch bowling. Smith is my favorite player of all time so it pains me to see him getting out the same way over and over this summer.
He will inevitably work his way through this. He is, to me, the best batsman i've ever seen and probably ever will see.

However, he's definitely not looking fluid at the moment. Both of his good scores this summer (43 and 85) have looked incredibly laboured. He's definitely not at the top of his game. And, of course, i'm holding him to a much higher standard than anyone else. Because he's a freak.

How the hell can this View attachment 798941

be explained?

I’m not going to bother looking at retrospective rankings, but did you question the ladder when Australia got spanked 3-0 by Sri Lanka who had just lost Sanga, Jayawardene, Dilshan etc and were no doubt ranked significantly lower at the time?

You know in tennis they don’t just do the seedings, then hand out the prizemoney based on the number next to the players name - they actually play the tournament and it doesn’t necessarily follow that the results all go according to the rankings

Guy in the front of that shirt off display looks like he might have weed himself. Not a great look

I'd take Harris quite easily over Burns.

Mate, Harris has been given 9 tests, averages 24 and has only scored two half centuries, 0 centuries. Pattinson averages more with the bat. It's an utterly abysmal record.

There's no logical basis for thinking he's a better player than a guy who has played 19 tests at an average of 40, who has scored 4 centuries and 6 half centuries. Burns isn't great. But he is not Harris bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By that logic, every Carlton goal for the last decade and a half should have been met with a funeral procession instead of any sort of applause

Surely barracking and carrying on when your team does something cool is one of the fun things about attending live sport?

hey, as a carlton supporter, when my team was down 100 points with no chance of winning and we kicked a goal, we gave it a quick cheer that was representative of where the game was at, we didn’t continue to carry on like knobs as though we were winning.

how obnoxious would it have been to see a carlton crowd cheering non stop after a goal when their team was still down 100 points, other supporters would have pointed out just how delusional we were.

Smiths weakness - let the rest of the top order score runs/be in a dominant position to win a match and you’ll likely get him cheaply. By which point you’ve likely lost the match anyway. Doesn’t seem to do so well when he’s not carrying the side, would be such a mental let down.

Smiths weakness - let the rest of the top order score runs/be in a dominant position to win a match and you’ll likely get him cheaply. By which point you’ve likely lost the match anyway. Doesn’t seem to do so well when he’s not carrying the side, would be such a mental let down.
Its a bold strategy Cotton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back