Australia v New Zealand 2nd Test at the MCG December 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

nah stuff it, I’ll call out idiot drunks when I see them, and this kiwi crowd is just that.
They want excatly this reaction from you, they know we are winning and they are losing may as well frustrate you to stop you from enjoying the win so much.

Trolling 101 mate

hey, as a carlton supporter, when my team was down 100 points with no chance of winning and we kicked a goal, we gave it a quick cheer that was representative of where the game was at, we didn’t continue to carry on like knobs as though we were winning.

how obnoxious would it have been to see a carlton crowd cheering non stop after a goal when their team was still down 100 points, other supporters would have pointed out just how delusional we were.

Point taken, but for mine the Kiwis going mental when anything good happens just adds a bit of colour and fun. They clearly turned up wanting to make a rare MCG Boxing Day test appearance one to remember and didn’t want it to be predicated on their team winning or losing... sure if they win then awesome, but there was always a good chance they wouldn’t and why travel across the ditch just to sit in the stands for days crying into their beers?

Wagner is in smith’s head rent free at the moment

Yup. Could easily end up being Smiths equivalent of what Broad is to Warner.

It also goes without saying is if Smiths kryptonite plays for NZ, I am extremely happy.

Point taken, but for mine the Kiwis going mental when anything good happens just adds a bit of colour and fun. They clearly turned up wanting to make a rare MCG Boxing Day test appearance one to remember and didn’t want it to be predicated on their team winning or losing... sure if they win then awesome, but there was always a good chance they wouldn’t and why travel across the ditch just to sit in the stands for days crying into their beers?

point taken.

They've paid good coin to fly over here and their team has let them down. I don't mind them having some fun. I won't begrudge them a few scraps of enjoyment. They're basically Aussies imo. I love kiwis

They've paid good coin to fly over here and their team has let them down. I don't mind them having some fun. I won't begrudge them a few scraps of enjoyment. They're basically Aussies imo. I love kiwis

They were great at the WC. Great bunch of people to be around.

That NZ v. Windies game. That was really fun.

New Zealand cricketers walking off the ground, hugging each other and celebrating as if they have done a good job. What a joke. They are getting thumped. Problem is with NZ cricket is they are soft and accept mediocrity time and time again.. They shouldn't be patting themselves on the arse as if they have won the game or are in the game.. . It's pathetic actually. They need to develop a killer instinct and accept nothing other than winning as acceptable.. Until then, they will remain irrelevant on the big stage..

Not really. If a batsman had this ridiculous record and suddenly a team gave him some trouble with, say, leg spin caught off the edge, and then lots of other teams started doing it successfully, then the natural conclusion would be that he struggles with balls spinning from leg to off and it would be an issue that needs addressing, rather than ‘its more a damning stat that other styles of bowlers don’t trouble him more.’

well most batsmen get out caught behind or at slip because the highest percentage of balls are bowled there.

I guess it's a weakness for all batsmen.

capiche?

Wagner is in smith’s head rent free at the moment

He likely to get him as the rest of the bowlers are pie chuckers. Last Test Smith got himself out swinging. If he can handle Archer a firing Smith isn't going to have that much issues with a bowler bowling bouncers at 130k when he's on song. Like someone said, he's at his best when he has to bail us out at 2/20, not so much at 2/320.

New Zealand cricketers walking off the ground, hugging each other and celebrating as if they have done a good job. What a joke. They are getting thumped. Problem is with NZ cricket is they are soft and accept mediocrity. They shouldn't be patting themselves on the arse as if they have won the game. It's pathetic actually. They need to develop a killer instinct and accept nothing other than winning as acceptable..

personally they thought they were coming over here confident they were going to trouble us lol.

it's been a huge wake up call for them they've been smashed and need something to cheer.

poor cousin has to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He likely to get him as the rest of the bowlers are pie chuckers. Last Test Smith got himself out swinging. If he can handle Archer a firing Smith isn't going to have that much issues with a bowler bowling bouncers at 130k when he's on song. Like someone said, he's at his best when he has to bail us out at 2/20, not so much at 2/320.
He's batted once this summer when it actually mattered and made 80, every other innings has been a complete procession. Wagner's done well and roughed Wade up a few times but it hasn't made the slightest difference in the end.

well most batsmen get out caught behind or at slip because the highest percentage of balls are bowled there.

I guess it's a weakness for all batsmen.

capiche?

From a particular plan of attack?
From bowlers bowling right arm around? From bowlers bowling two feet wide of off stump?

The guy has a record like no one else in modern cricket and suddenly he’s averaging less than 30 since one tiny little glitch was highlighted. You don’t think there’s a pattern there that needs addressing?

Mate, Harris has been given 9 tests, averages 24 and has only scored two half centuries, 0 centuries. Pattinson averages more with the bat. It's an utterly abysmal record.

There's no logical basis for thinking he's a better player than a guy who has played 19 tests at an average of 40, who has scored 4 centuries and 6 half centuries. Burns isn't great. But he is not Harris bad.

Burns record stems from playing in that same period as Voges where we played weak teams for the most part on very flat wickets. As soon as things got tricky it became very clear he has a technical problem and wouldn't be up to it. It's the whole reason he was dropped and why he was ignored despite what would normally look like a solid Test record until we had nowhere else to turn.

A lot of people pointed to his record against New Zealand as proving he could handle good bowling but as we've seen they're pretty much toothless in conditions that don't suit and when he had success they weren't even using Wagner (aside from one Test).

I can't stand Harris but the whole reason he was persisted with was because he scored some tough runs against a world class India attack. Burns has never done anything of actual note, even Voges had that one knock against the Windies when we were in trouble to his name.

I’m not going to bother looking at retrospective rankings, but did you question the ladder when Australia got spanked 3-0 by Sri Lanka who had just lost Sanga, Jayawardene, Dilshan etc and were no doubt ranked significantly lower at the time?

You know in tennis they don’t just do the seedings, then hand out the prizemoney based on the number next to the players name - they actually play the tournament and it doesn’t necessarily follow that the results all go according to the rankings
Really?

Mate, Harris has been given 9 tests, averages 24 and has only scored two half centuries, 0 centuries. Pattinson averages more with the bat. It's an utterly abysmal record.

There's no logical basis for thinking he's a better player than a guy who has played 19 tests at an average of 40, who has scored 4 centuries and 6 half centuries. Burns isn't great. But he is not Harris bad.

There's plenty of logic actually.

He's played 5 Test Matches outside of Australia and been s**t in all of them bar one in New Zealand, he's had the benefit of playing crap teams in Australia and still only averages 40.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back