Australia v New Zealand preview.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Almost guaranteed.

Never heard of the place before this tragedy. Looks to be about 750m from the middle of the island to the beach. A long way to run even if the survivors weren't right in the middle. Would have been horrific trying to escape whilst in pain from the burns.

View attachment 792660

View attachment 792663

Just now looked up the news after seeing this post. RIP to the unfortunate victims.

I don't know much about volcanoes as they're a rarity in my part of the world, and this might sound a dumb question but, are the casualties caused by the hot steam causing burn injuries on the victims or the lava actually comes out running like in the films?

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
Just now looked up the news after seeing this post. RIP to the unfortunate victims.

I don't know much about volcanoes as they're a rarity in my part of the world, and this might sound a dumb question but, are the casualties caused by the hot steam causing burn injuries on the victims or the lava actually comes out running like in the films?

As far as I know, in this instance there was superheated steam and some ash but no lava.

Back