Australia v New Zealand preview.

Remove this Banner Ad

And they call ME a troll lol. Let's look at some facts........Here they are. Glenn McGrath scored a half century against NZ. That tells us everything we need to know

That’s the trolliest post ever

And they call ME a troll lol. Let's look at some facts........Here they are. Glenn McGrath scored a half century against NZ. That tells us everything we need to know

Let’s look at some facts: it’s been a bit over a week since a man with a test average of 12 scored a century against Australia.

It was worth giving up a Saturday morning to work just to listen to that on the radio with a Kiwi next to us.

How many times have NZ come here talked up as improving and been absolutely smashed?

Pakistan looked good in the tour game, completely fell apart on absolute roads, Kiwis will do the same. 2-0 with a face saving draw in the 3rd test on the Hume
More likely 2-0 with the MCG match called off after 20 overs.

It was worth giving up a Saturday morning to work just to listen to that on the radio with a Kiwi next to us.
Too be fair that was an aggressively poor NZ line up. Oram was first change from memory FFS. Tho I think he spanked a big ton so swings and roundabouts lol

This will be a very good test series as this is a top quality kiwi team. I'm probably going with Australia to just edge the series but I think it'll be a close run thing.

This.

Their test ranking is completely manipulated with fairly soft fixtures at the moment.

They are going to be a good test, but the away Ashes was a far more daunting prospect and we did better than most thought.

The gulf between the Australians home bowling record and the NZ bowlers away records is the clincher for me.

I think this series ends 2-0.

You should have a look at our away record the last few years Pykie. Its been pretty good. Sometimes stats dont tell the story.

We cant help who ICC decides should play in NZ. We have beaten the Poms at home the last 2 series we've played them though , and pretty much all our other home series going back years.
Personally I think (and probably most kiwi supporters think) that second in the test rankings is a bit of a stretch, but who is better ?
Aussies record the last couple of years has been pretty average, so not sure they deserve 2nd ranking (yet), The poms are pretty average at the moment, so are the SAFFa's

Aussie are pretty hot favourites for this series, as its at home. Not sure if that would be the case if played in NZ

looking fwd to it !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should have a look at our away record the last few years Pykie. Its been pretty good. Sometimes stats dont tell the story.

We cant help who ICC decides should play in NZ. We have beaten the Poms at home the last 2 series we've played them though , and pretty much all our other home series going back years.
Personally I think (and probably most kiwi supporters think) that second in the test rankings is a bit of a stretch, but who is better ?
Aussies record the last couple of years has been pretty average, so not sure they deserve 2nd ranking (yet), The poms are pretty average at the moment, so are the SAFFa's

Aussie are pretty hot favourites for this series, as its at home. Not sure if that would be the case if played in NZ

looking fwd to it !

that’s a fair point - who’s proven themselves to be better apart from India?
A draw and a win in the subcontinent is a big tick for the kiwis and right now I think they’d probably win in england. The only places I’d back them to definitively lose are India and SA - and who knows, Sri Lanka somehow won over there so maybe the kiwis would too

Let’s look at some facts: it’s been a bit over a week since a man with a test average of 12 scored a century against Australia.
Didn't your team just get rekt in the one format you're supposed to be good at? Against a team in the one format they're bad at?

Australia would be ranked 2nd if we didnt Voluntarily ban Warner and Smith for 12 months.

As it stands any series victory against New Zealand moves Australia into 2nd place.

Warner & Smith got themselves banned by being stupid. A year was too harsh, but it is what it is

and yes the Aussie side should probably be ranked 2nd on current form & talent.But in the same breath NZ didn't get the 2nd placing by beating the Bangles at home every series (which we did), but also because they won away in UAE & Sri Lanka ( both of which which Aussie didn't do), plus won nearly everything at home

Guessing that a minute's silence will be observed for the volcano victims to start the series.

Almost guaranteed.

Never heard of the place before this tragedy. Looks to be about 750m from the middle of the island to the beach. A long way to run even if the survivors weren't right in the middle. Would have been horrific trying to escape whilst in pain from the burns.

White Island.png

White Island Streetview.png

I think it was a fair punishment, but other cricketing boards would have dug their heels in and just accept the ICC punishment of 1 match ban for Smith, and 3 demerits points for Bancroft.
fair points
I think if Aussie cricket hadn't had the image problem they had, then both would have got smacked on the hand with a wet bus ticket .
But Cricket Australia read the public and sponsors mood and threw the book at them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back