T20I Australia v Pakistan women - 3 ODIs, 3 T20Is

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be a issue much longer?

If they change the date there will still be carry on, if they change to name there will still be carry on.

Victim card will live on.
Well, in this thread, it's pretty clear who's carrying on.

This match was originally announced as a Jan 27 fixture. It was later moved forward a day, which was revealed within hours of the headline-grabbing BBL fixture announcement. CA were clearly uncomfortable about the scheduling and, after Ash Gardner speaking out, won't even think about putting the national women's team on this time next year.

As for the victim card... weren't you just in another thread shedding a tear for the mistreatment of poor David Warner.

I respect the indigineous people but we live in a free society and in constant need of sport. I say Cricket Australia need and should have some sort of fixture on Australia Day.

I would be shocked if Cricket Australia didn't have a cricket event whether it be BBL or some national form in either men or women next year.

We have had cricket in the 90's on Australia Day in fact it was a marquee cricketing day just like the Boxing Day test and New Years test. I don't see the need to change that.

It’s just a day meh, if anyone feels so much they can just not play. They have to make the most of public holidays for attendances. Every year we have this debate and guess what nothing happens aside from people protesting being pork chops.

I agree with you. I respect the first nations people.

We cant keep on leaving in a woke society. If you can play games on : ANZAC day, Christmas day, Martin Luther King Day ( a day to celebrate Black Americans) then you can play on a day like this.

I remember back int he 90s when Adelaide OVal used to get the Australia Day fixture from men's side and no one talked about the 'invasion' back then.

This is where I believe sports and politics don't mix.
The first Aboriginal Day of Mourning was held on 26 January 1938.

It's just taken a long time for people to start listening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is like watching an international side against an underage side, the Pakistan team is outclassed, and outmuscled but you would hope they would learn a great deal from the experience.

4.6 an over after only losing 1 wicket on a out and out road, call me sexest but no wonder womens sport isn't popular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back