T20I Australia v Pakistan women - 3 ODIs, 3 T20Is

Remove this Banner Ad

Great catch by King, but it amazes me in women's cricket why the non-striker needs to be so far out of the crease, particularly when quick singles aren't taken that often in women's cricket (Oz team may be exception). Forgetting mankad, it just leaves them so open for a runout off the bowlers hand.

Mate you have no idea look at Aice springs, they need to stop that crap, before Australia can come together
I take it from this post that you are someone whose concern for Alice Springs goes further back than last week, when it started getting media attention.

So I'd like you to explain the link between "them" stopping "that crap" and Australia "coming together".

Yeah well the WBBL is awesome, hence Australia's dominance.
i think as a spectator you just want to see a competitive game or in some cases a game that goes a bit longer. Not sure what they are charging at North Sydney for admission but i wouldnt want to attend there if its anything more than say $5 a game.

i think as a spectator you just want to see a competitive game or in some cases a game that goes a bit longer. Not sure what they are charging at North Sydney for admission but i wouldnt want to attend there if its anything more than say $5 a game.
Yes and I'm sure you've been recommending $5 admission fees in the past when the Australian men's team smash tourists.

Yes and I'm sure you've been recommending $5 admission fees in the past when the Australian men's team smash tourists.
Just feel like value for money much rather come down to North Sydney Oval of all grounds to watch Australia bat in full flight , than Pakistan bat first. Each to their own though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong win by the Southern Stars.

Different Gravy Aussie players.

Laura Harris took the Super Smash by storm yesterday

Next stop Bellerive, where Australia have a 0-4 record in T20Is. First match there was in Feb 2010, of which 25 overs can be viewed on YouTube.

One of the rare instances of considerable and easily accessible footage for pre-2013 women's cricket. Healy and Haynes were both on debut and together at the crease needing 11 off the final over. That part is certainly worth a watch, even for the time-strapped, as well as at least the last 5 overs of NZ's innings for a sense of perspective.

There's your chief cricket writer for The Age. Can't even accurately report on somebody else's article.

It's about $2.1m in Australian dollars, while the BBL salary cap is about $1.9m excluding the significant funds outside the cap contributed by CA.

There's your chief cricket writer for The Age. Can't even accurately report on somebody else's article.

It's about $2.1m in Australian dollars, while the BBL salary cap is about $1.9m excluding the significant funds outside the cap contributed by CA.

Let him know.

Hopefully Australia bat first or this will be another bludger, I don't get Ash Gardner.. it's a game of cricket, who cares if its played on Australia Day.

Hopefully Australia bat first or this will be another bludger, I don't get Ash Gardner.. it's a game of cricket, who cares if its played on Australia Day.
I agree with you. I respect the first nations people.

We cant keep on leaving in a woke society. If you can play games on : ANZAC day, Christmas day, Martin Luther King Day ( a day to celebrate Black Americans) then you can play on a day like this.

I remember back int he 90s when Adelaide OVal used to get the Australia Day fixture from men's side and no one talked about the 'invasion' back then.

This is where I believe sports and politics don't mix.

Comically poor self-awareness, random reference to woke society, misguided comparisons, back-in-my-day lamentation, and of course the familiar misunderstanding of politics and its relationship to sport.

Get all your rants in fast, because it won't be an issue for much longer.

Comically poor self-awareness, random reference to woke society, misguided comparisons, back-in-my-day lamentation, and of course the familiar misunderstanding of politics and its relationship to sport.

Get all your rants in fast, because it won't be an issue for much longer.

Won't be a issue much longer?

If they change the date there will still be carry on, if they change to name there will still be carry on.

Victim card will live on.

Pakistan captain is legit *ed, when a s**t side plays a very good side there best hope of winning is batting 2nd.

Australia 1 Meg Lanning (capt), 2 Beth Mooney (wk), 3 Tahlia McGrath, 4 Ash Gardner, 5 Ellyse Perry, 6 Grace Harris, 7 Annabel Sutherland, 8 Jess Jonassen, 9 Alana King, 10 Megan Schutt, 11 Darcie Brown

Pakistan 1 Muneeba Ali, 2 Javeria Khan, 3 Bismah Maroof (capt), 4 Nida Dar, 5 Omaima Sohail, 6 Ayesha Naseem, 7 Aliya Riaz, 8 Fatima Sana, 9 Tuba Hassan, 10 Aiman Anwar, 11 Sadia Iqbal

Teams for Game 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back