• Poll closed .

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
Australia squad: Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Lance Morris, Nathan Lyon, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith, David Warner

Couple of surprises here in Renshaw and Agar. So pleased for Renners recall. Presumably he bats #6 for Green, Agar for a resting Lyon? Does Agar's selection point to him being the favorite to partner Lyno in India. Touch cranky they did not give Hardie a crack in Greens spot and rest one of Warner/Ussie for Renshaw.

Last edited:

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Australia squad: Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Lance Morris, Nathan Lyon, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith, David Warner

Couple of surprises here in Renshaw and Agar. Presumably Renners bats @6 for Green, Agar for a resting Lyon? Does Agar's selection point to him being the favorite to partner Lyno in India. Pretty peeved they did not give Hardie a crack in Greens spot, rest one of Warner/Ussie for Renshaw.
No just do not understand the logic of having Renshaw bat six for green when you have had harris in the squad as the spare batter for ages

What's the point of having Swepson carry the drinks for the last 12 months only to leave him out on (presumably) a bunsen?

You seen his form? It's horrific! No I'm not talking about his BBL form either, Shield form has been terrible too.

I presume they are thinking of a spin all rounder and perhaps the reason for picking Renshaw.Interesting to see what type of wicket is being prepared.

Will be flat, I mean it's the only way SA might last 4 days.

1. Khawaja
2. Warner
3. Laubschange
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Carey
7. Agar
8. Cummins
9. Lyon
10. Boland
11. Hazlewood

Morris should play thanks even if it's for Boland. This is the perfect opportunity and you have picked 3 same-same fast medium bowlers, some variety would be nice and Agar's four n twenty no spinners aren't that.

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Khawaja
2. Warner
3. Laubschange
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Carey
7. Agar
8. Cummins
9. Lyon
10. Boland
11. Hazlewood
Boland and Hazlewood in the same side,not sure on that one.If only Maxwell had of not broken his leg,would have been the perfect opportunity to play test cricket again and see if he is good enough for selection for India.

Boland and Hazlewood in the same side,not sure on that one.If only Maxwell had of not broken his leg,would have been the perfect opportunity to play test cricket again and see if he is good enough for selection for India.

Yeah you'd assume they would have gambled on Maxwell and see how he went.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Is our best slow bowling batting all rounder.

Odd they have kept Harris in the squad and picked Renshaw.

If Carey bats #6 then we have scope to play four quicks and one spinner or three quicks and two spinners.

That's what makes no sense to me...why the f**k even have harris as the reserve batter in the first place ?

and if they are looking at a number six who bats well on slow low wickets...go handscomb and reward strong shield form

That's what makes no sense to me...why the f**k even have harris as the reserve batter in the first place ?

and if they are looking at a number six who bats well on slow low wickets...go handscomb and reward strong shield form

How is the form outside the Junction Oval though? Just asking that's all. Still have massive queries on that technique even being remotely successful

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Morris should play thanks even if it's for Boland. This is the perfect opportunity and you have picked 3 same-same fast medium bowlers, some variety would be nice and Agar's four n twenty no spinners aren't that.
Morris is in for Starc..a lock according to Ronnie. Get used to Agar as he will be in the India squad as Lyno's partner. Recall a dart/nudie lefty orthodox named SOK, well he has a decent record in the sub continent. I rate Agar better as he at least turns the ball and is super accurate these days. Agar also offers a batting option which SOK and very few of todays slowies do at state level.

Last edited:
Is our best slow bowling batting all rounder.

Odd they have kept Harris in the squad and picked Renshaw.

If Carey bats #6 then we have scope to play four quicks and one spinner or three quicks and two spinners.
Shouldn't be picked, just because we need one doesn't mean we should pick one

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Labs and Smith's bowling is not much worse.
Smithy showed he is still a Test wicket taker. Labs bowls leggies and medium pace. Both will be very handy in India.
Shouldn't be picked, just because we need one doesn't mean we should pick one
Reckon he has been picked with a view to the Indian tour, both he and Renshaw. Hope they still have Handscomb in the frame too as one of our best players of spin.

Give Ashton Agar at least 10 Tests to prove himself. Fellow lefty orthodox SOK was given just under that, 9 and took 35 @29.4, batting average @9.5. He bowled dart nudies his entire career. Agar can turn the ball and is accurate plus provides the ability with the bat to either shepherd a player or impose himself on the bowling. He is an under rated cricketer imo.

Last edited:

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
How is the form outside the Junction Oval though? Just asking that's all. Still have massive queries on that technique even being remotely successful
Handscomb's technique he has improved but more suited for wickets that take spin.Has a 95 in shield at Hobert this season and 55 and 75 against the WI in Canberra.He did get the 280 odd on your Junction oval road as you call it.Last shield game played at Junction Oval was a low scoring game start of December Vic.v NSW which Victoria won but Handscomb did not play,I presume playing for Australia A games.

Reckon he has been picked with a view to the Indian tour, both he and Renshaw. Hope they still have Handscomb in the frame too as one of our best players of spin.
Our obsession with south paws will always amaze me

Agar is such a bog average red ball bowler, I just do not get the fascination with him
he is a lefty

I mean look at Starc's average in India
1672366380262.png

Why on god's green earth is he an instant pic

because he is a lefty

Back