Australia vs England - Twickenham

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news! adds some much needed rush defence to the wallaby line-up. Surely he'll make the 22 ahead of bloody faingaa and edmonds. ISnt O'connor heavier that faingaa?

How is that great news? It means that Moore's injury is worst then first thought and playing a half fit TPN is not going to help us one bit. Sure, TPN adds some much needed bulk, but will he magically improve our scrums? + Fa'ainga is superior at the breakdown.

TPN is simply too important to our world cup chances for Deans to be risking him now.

On another note, surely Slipper will start ahead of Alexander? I hate to say this but Alexander is an overrated dud. Can run around the ground, but when it comes to scrums, he's terrible. IIRC out of all the starting props in the Super 14 this year, Alexander conceded the most penalties (by a fair margin). i'm no experts in the dark arts, but it's blatantly clear that Alexander is no better then Ma'afu when it comes to scrum time.

Barnes to replace Gits and Van to come in for Chisholm.

Really interested to see what happens after the spring tour in terms of the Wallabies starting 15. With Ioane, Horwill, TPN and Vickerman set to come back, our team will have real nice balance.

Agreed on TPN. I'm worried. If he was right to go he would have been on the first plan out with the squad. This could really back fire on us if he has to play and gets hurt again. Hopefully he won't be needed.

That's a crock about Alexander, how quickly people forget. He is a very good scrummager. I can only assume he is taking time to readjust to Test rugby after a long term injury. Last year along with Moore and Robinson, they beat the English scrum in Twickenham, the Irish scrum in Limerick, the Welsh squad in Cardiff. Not just broke even, they beat each scrum. Give him time. He will come good. And by the way, he isn't scrummaging against novices. He's come up against Tony Woodcock and Gethin Jenkins as his first 2 opponents after injury. That's 2 of the best looseheads in the world, followed by Andy SHeridan this week. A tough return by any person's definition. Moore, Robinson, Alexander is a strong front row to take into next year, with TPN to come back.

What a load of rubbish on Alexander. Lets not forget it too Benn Robinson (the best prop in world rugby) 6 tests to get back to full fitness. Alexander deserves the same lattitude. Lets also not forget that Faainga was the main reason the scrum was awful anyway..a 92kg hooker will never work!

I'd rather Edmonds on the bench over Faingaa. He is just too small. And from what I have heard about the mid weeker just played against Leicester (which we won) apparently Edmonds and Slipper did well in the scrums and in the loose while Faingaa struggled again. I hope Edmonds and his experience is kept on the bench. I don't rate him as much of a Test player but he is a better option than Faingaa IMO.

Really, nice connections. What was his injury?

Let's just hope TPN is ready to go for the S15 and he's not needed on this tour, putting him in greater danger of hurting himself again.

Dylan Hartely has been promoted to the starting side for England in place of the Axe Murderer, Steve Thompson.

Sheridan and Cole hitting good form is not a good sign for our scrum, but if we can hold them at least and not turn to much ball over in the scrums, we will win well.

15. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs)
14. James O’Connor (Western Force)
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies)
12. Matt Giteau (Brumbies)
11. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)
10. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Ben McCalman (Western Force)
7. David Pocock (Western Force)
6. Rocky Elsom (c) (Brumbies)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Mark Chisholm (Brumbies)
3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
2. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)
Reserves:
16. Huia Edmonds (Brumbies)
17. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
18. Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs)
19. Richard Brown (Western Force)
20. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs)
21. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
22. Lachie Turner (NSW Waratahs)

Huzzah. Faingaa is gone and Moore is back. Only Chisholm to jettison now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right, I'd prefer at least a bigger and stronger option in Chisholm than Mumm or Simmons right now. I couldn't really see Simmons, at 21 years old, being able to step up to some of these Northern Hemisphere packs atm. No knock on him, he'll be a very good player I'm sure, he's just a bit young atm.

But as soon as Vicks and Horwill are ready, Mumm should never be allowed near the Wallabies again and Chisholm should be used as an insurance policy only. Still scratching my head as to why Kane Douglas wasn't brought along to play some mid week games. I just don't get it. Was one of the rookies of the year in S14 and had a very good season with Southern District in SS. Puzzling to say the least and I can only assume Deans doesn't see him in his World Cup plans for next year at all which is fair enough as again he's only 21, but a bit of experience on tour surely made sense.

Kane Douglas and Dave Dennis should have toured. I am sorry but they were the standout locks in the entire S14 for Australian teams.

The one I like is the South African bloke who plays for NSW who qualifies for Australian NEXT YEAR. He will be one of the locks in the WC squad, absolute lock. In fact talking to Deans, he sees the Saffa as our no1 lock at the WC.

Hendrick Roodt? He coached my colts team for a couple of weeks at Gordon this year. Very nice guy and has already got some of the Australian club language ingrained - like saying "ey" at the end of every bloody sentence and using c*** as every 3rd word.

He's a huge lump of a lad but he barely played 15 mins in S14 this year, would Deans really take that much of a punt on him?

Hendrick Roodt? He coached my colts team for a couple of weeks at Gordon this year. Very nice guy and has already got some of the Australian club language ingrained - like saying "ey" at the end of every bloody sentence and using c*** as every 3rd word.

He's a huge lump of a lad but he barely played 15 mins in S14 this year, would Deans really take that much of a punt on him?

Hendrick is back in South Africa? Playing for the Cheetahs next year IIRC.

Wrong one, another one. Did not even play a game for NSW last year as he was ineligible. I'll get the name in the morning (it is Van de something). He is one Deans signed last year, played in club rugby in QLD last year.

Believe me I was surprised when Deans said it. Was chatting to him about our locks, and he just kept saying "we have a bloke in QLD grade rugby that I rate even higher" (was talking specifically about Horwill/Sharpe/Vickerman)

*ing' typical. Edmonds is out of the Test with a shoulder injury so we welcome back Mr Faingaa. Let's hope Moore can go for 80 mins. I'm not counting on it though.

*ing' typical. Edmonds is out of the Test with a shoulder injury so we welcome back Mr Faingaa. Let's hope Moore can go for 80 mins. I'm not counting on it though.

Englands odds have shortened, they only need Moore to get injured and they will flog the scrum!:thumbsdown:

Yeh I'm afraid that might be the case if Moore goes off. With him on with the 2 Ben's I think we have a good chance of holding firm against a very strong front row. Cole and Sheridan are beasts and will be very hard to contain especially in the wet. But if Faingaa is to come on against those 2 and Hartley I know where each prop will be putting all their weight.

Some really ordinary rugby from the wallabies.

Flat footed in attack.
Very average in defense.
Kicking was generally awful all round.
Same old problems with the forwards.

Just plain ordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back