Australia vs India, 4th test at the SCG, Jan 3rd - 7th

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
And I guess you don't like it when someone points out you're wrong.

Calling an idea stupid/wrong isn't ad hominem. I suppose I could've said it more nicely, but I'm on my phone. I don't have the space/time/processing speed to sugar coat things.
Will it soon be possible to say 'Alexa, wind someone up on Big Footy' or 'Alexa, put the boot into Davey on Big Footy'? I'm sure that day can't be far away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gethelred

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Will it soon be possible to say 'Alexa, wind someone up on Big Footy' or 'Alexa, put the boot into Davey on Big Footy'? I'm sure that day can't be far away.
"Alexa, please go onto the main board and open up a thread to subtly wind up as many Richmond supporters by suggesting that they shouldn't have played Geelong at the MCG."

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Lol. Of course it was.

To imply that the pitch and conditions were the same on days 3 and 4 to what they were when India batted for the opening two days is laughable.

India made the most of winning the toss and getting use of the best conditions for batting.
Whatever helps you sleep at night mate.

VirgilHilts

Senior List
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Warwickshire
Facing the world's current best team without your two best players is tough so a 2-1 series defeat doesn't sound too bad. But the performances of most of the players are worrying, especially because you're playing in home conditions. If some of them can't perform at home they're very unlikely to be able to perform in England. I don't know that much about the Aussie domestic scene but surely the cupboard can't be so bare that the Marshes continue to get picked.

Milang_Panthers

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pirates, Crystal Palace F.C.
Sydney people can't bag Melbournes weather anymore. Seems to rain at the SCG test every year.
Saw a stat yesterday that 25 days of test cricket have been completely washed out in Sydney while the next highest was Melbourne with 9 days.

Stopher

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Remember they stole the Adelaide Oz Day ODI fixture, then it rained all day, while it was nice and sunny in Adelaide? Lol

Remember the Shield game a few years back that was abandoned due to unsafe conditions? Where was that again?

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saw a stat yesterday that 25 days of test cricket have been completely washed out in Sydney while the next highest was Melbourne with 9 days.
Not totally surprising. Over the full year Sydney has less rainy days than Melbourne, but it's a subtropical climate - rainfall peaks in the summer, and when it comes there's generally more of it.

The timing of the Sydney Test probably isn't ideal from a weather perspective (mid-December would be a bit better) but there's no real way of fixing the schedule short of playing 3 Tests before Christmas. Brisbane should always be Nov/Dec because it's even wetter than Sydney after New Year. Perth is too hot in Jan unless you play D/N (which the broadcasters will never cop). Melbourne will never surrender Boxing Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Baker

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Facing the world's current best team without your two best players is tough so a 2-1 series defeat doesn't sound too bad. But the performances of most of the players are worrying, especially because you're playing in home conditions. If some of them can't perform at home they're very unlikely to be able to perform in England. I don't know that much about the Aussie domestic scene but surely the cupboard can't be so bare that the Marshes continue to get picked.
It does sound bad considering this was India's first ever series win in Australia. How we have fallen.

Marshland

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
First two days were extremely flat, that’s a win toss, win game pitch. Sydney was just as bad. In fact the only two good pitches were Adelaide and Perth.
Perth was underwhelming as well.

That seems to be the norm these days: only 1 in 4 pitches in Australia make for good cricket. At a time when the other test nations are producing interesting wickets that either seam or spin, it really is a mystery why the curators are being so defensive in these parts.

Carbine Chaos

Jubilant Masto
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, Delhi, Perth

That seems to be the norm these days: only 1 in 4 pitches in Australia make for good cricket. At a time when the other test nations are producing interesting wickets that either seam or spin, it really is a mystery why the curators are being so defensive in these parts.
Perth didn’t produce good cricket? :/

LukeParkerno1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

Say what? Perth was a great pitch. You could get runs (Khawaja, Head, Kholi showed that). You could get wickets, and there was something in it for everyone. Was a great test pitch. The last two tests were terrible

AFL Club
West Coast
Philistine. If you could actually read I said I watched today and the last game. I watch the others on highlights. I also watched the entire tour of South Africa because the timing lined up. So grow up and stop being a child. This intense abuse of people who disagree is disgusting.
Don't argue with that bloke he's a troll that hijacks threads and torpedoes them

Top Bottom