Australia vs India A tour match: 17-19 Feb in Mumbai

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you actually seen the pitch? It's a goddamn green top, they've rolled out the the exactt opposite pitch that we'll be batting on in the first test. I mean it's smart. Gutless but smart. But hey, any chance for you to have a dig at Australia.

C41gi4_XUAEy8uj.jpg:large

F*** give up mate.

If you've read any of my posts in the past about Australia in India I've said multiple times that their best chance is to beat them with pace.

If I was an Australian fan saying the same thing you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Keep those personal attacks coming, the last bastion of the damned.

I just find it kind of sad you're so invested in our team. Why don't you got to your own team's forum and impart your wisdom there?

I am personally a fan of Maxwell, and it was frustrating to see him never get thrown the ball in the ODIs.

Then in the trial match he has a chance to score some runs to put his hand up for the all rounder spot, Smith declares before he can make a start.

This is all after Smith personally made the decision to fine Maxwell for the Wade comments.

Don't think I have to be donning a tin foil hat to suggest personal politics could possibly be a factor.

So why didn't Aaron Finch give him a bowl?

What was the point in picking Maxwell if you're not going to let him bat and you don't bowl him. If the First Test goes as many expect it to we'll be begging for blokes like Maxwell to be ready to go. May as well have played Agar or Swepson for the experience if this is how they're going to treat him.

What's the level of Indian first class cricket like?

Stalking some of these Indian A players, I wouldn't mind having a gluttony of <25 year olds averaging 40+ with double hundreds at FC level....
Our FC is good. There are about 27 teams participating in the FC league. So, you can imagine the number of players we have. And from this season, they have implemented a new rule and according to that the two teams who are playing against each other, will be playing in neutral venue so that the players have experience playing under all conditions.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Indian FC batting. Jadeja averaged 50 before stepping up to international cricket.

I just find it kind of sad you're so invested in our team. Why don't you got to your own team's forum and impart your wisdom there?

I called you a twit.

Wow, so personal.

I find it kind of sad that you can't read a normal assessment of a cricket side and where their strengths and weaknesses lie, an assessment which many people would agree with, and get the shits about it because I don't follow the same group of blokes as you do in what is effectively a meaningless physical pursuit.

Incidentally, can you point me to the West Indies forum? I didn't know there was one here.

Is everyone on notice to join their own forum? The kiwi boys, the couple of Indian fans, the poms?

Exactly how seriously do you take this s**t?

What was the point in picking Maxwell if you're not going to let him bat and you don't bowl him. If the First Test goes as many expect it to we'll be begging for blokes like Maxwell to be ready to go. May as well have played Agar or Swepson for the experience if this is how they're going to treat him.

Careful.

You'll get 'called out' with criticisms of the Aussies like that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar reasons perhaps, I'm sure Smith (and Wade etc) are more influential figures around the group than Maxwell.

If they didn't bowl him in the ODIs, then logic says the players see him as more of a batsmen. So why cut his innings short when everyone else is given a chance to make a score? At the very least he is desperately unlucky.

It just seems clear that the selectors hold Maxwell in a higher regard than the playing group.

Woh, four posts in a row, I must have hit a nerve. Settle down before you throw out more personal attacks.

Oh and you wanted a West Indies forum?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=west+indies+cricket+forum

mate this is a cricket forum. It's not the Australian cricket team forum, it's not the have a flog over Australia or else forum, it's not the you have to support Australia and no one else forum, it's a cricket forum.

If it really angers you so much that people don't share your unbridled love for the baggy green, maybe it's you who should look elsewhere.

A dictionary perhaps to see what a personal attack actually is.

Again, I called you a twit. That's as personal as it got.

That's one day cricket, not really valid for the test game.

He averages 33 in test cricket

Shami is obviously a bit expensive (3.45 an over) in Test cricket, but his strike rate (a wicket every 56.66 balls) is still very good. IMO a strike rate anywhere under 60 is pretty good in FC and Test cricket, so to just dismiss him as average or rubbish just because his average is above 30 isn't quite right IMO.

Ideally Shami will tighten up his bowling over time, but as he's still only 26 years old, I think he's got that time on his side. He's played the majority of his Tests outside of India (14/22), but his record in India is extremely good (23.34 average, 47.03 strike rate, 2.97 economy rate). He's just as dangerous as their spinners are in their home conditions (by comparison, Ashwin's strike rate in India is 47.72, and Jadeja's is 56.77)

Given the records and good recent form of Bhuvneshwar Kumar (barely above medium pace, but keeps it tight and takes wickets), Ishant Sharma (27.21 average, 63.65 strike rate, 2.56 economy rate over his past 10 Tests, big improver) and Umesh Yadav (I don't rate him that highly, but his record at home is decent, and he's also been a big improver and unlucky to have not taken a lot more wickets in recent Tests), there's not going to be any relief against their pacemen.

As a general comment, average alone can be a bit misleading as to the effectiveness of pacemen these days, especially when the majority go at above 3 an over now. Eg. someone like Mitchell Starc having a Test average pushing 30, despite being among the most frequent wicket-takers in Test cricket in the past 50 years (#12 overall in that time period in strike rate, #2 among Australians, and #4 overall in the past decade, as well as , and #4 in the past ).

Last edited:
Its how he rolls Ohitsthatguy. He's like one of those talk back radio people, who hang up on you as soon as you say something they don't agree with.

????
This is the worst analogy I've ever heard. If anything, I'm the opposite. I'm like a talkback radio guy who continually comes back at you with facts until you usually just get sick of hearing it and leave the discussion of your own volition.

????
This is the worst analogy I've ever heard. If anything, I'm the opposite. I'm like a talkback radio guy who continually comes back at you with facts until you usually just get sick of hearing it and leave the discussion of your own volition.
No. You're the Neil Mitchell of BF.

Could it be the case that Maxwell may be carrying injury, or that captains simply don't feel the need to bowl him, or that he in fact doesn't want to bowl (in order to focus on his batting, perhaps)?

He's barely bowled domestically this summer as well:

Sheffield Shield - 3 matches, 213 balls bowled (35.3 overs), 86.00 average, 213.00 strike rate, 2.42 economy rate
Matador Cup - 7 matches, 162 balls bowled (27 overs), 24.50 average, 27.00 strike rate, 5.44 economy rate
BBL - 4 matches, 24 balls bowled (4 overs), 37.00 average, 24.00 strike rate, 9.25 economy rate

Is that just because Finch and Matthew Wade "hate him" as well, or is it that his bowling just isn't really needed in the sides he plays in? I don't think he's that good a bowler that you must bowl him, or else you're doing a disservice to your team.

There you go again.
Point proven........
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Mate what exactly is your point?

This is what you've weighed into:

I've commented on how easily India A are doing it against spin.

Someone claimed I was saying it because I don't like Australia and made out like it took a team of legal masterminds to work that out.

I agreed that I don't like Australia but that's irrelevant to my comment. The teams who've had most success in India over the last 20 years have not done it through spin, aside from England. SA have won there once and drawn there twice and have only had one half respectable spinner since readmission. Australia did it in 04 on the back of pace more than spin. My initial comment was rooted in pure fact, allegiance is irrelevant.

A little while later you weigh in with a typed approximation of toxic landfill and here we are in the same old spot again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back