Australia vs India A tour match: 17-19 Feb in Mumbai

Remove this Banner Ad

Take into account it's a green seamer
It is entertaining to see all the comments about bird playing and a 3 pace 1 spin attack.

We went to play warm ups in another country for exactly this reason. From the limited highlights I've seen its no turning a lot. Theres barely any footmarks, I expect similar pitch conditions by lunch on day 1 of the 1st test.

It is entertaining to see all the comments about bird playing and a 3 pace 1 spin attack.

We went to play warm ups in another country for exactly this reason. From the limited highlights I've seen its no turning a lot. Theres barely any footmarks, I expect similar pitch conditions by lunch on day 1 of the 1st test.
I don't mind that idea but it's probably going to be a big turning wicket so we'll need two spinners.
They won't play into our hands

Be interesting to see who australia open up with in the 2nd innings

I'd go with usual openers, but then you think they might go back to where they were in the order. Maxwell okeefe n co

Alarm bells big time. Hate to think what Kohli & co could do to him

First test last tour Dhoni attacked him deliberately. It was like watching him in a one dayer, just flicked a switch and off he went. Was disheartening though impressive to watch.

They have a better line-up now. I have more hope of O'Keefe but not much more. But we don't have the spin bowlers to worry them regardless of who we choose.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I'm wrong. I'd so like to see Lyon do well.

Okeefe and Lyon are NEVER going to spin a team to a test win lmao

How can everybody not see this?

Yep. There was a good cricinfo article showing how teams always take extra spinners to India thinking it'll win them tests, and they always get smashed.

Our best chances are playing to our strengths, which is pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

may as well just send Maxwell home...
I think he was lucky to get on the tour, wouldve been a close decision with a couple of others, not sure why everyone seems to think he's a walk up start for the test team.

He might get a shot later in the series, same for Agar & Swepson. Sometimes you need to wait or just get a bit lucky with injuries

I think he was lucky to get on the tour, wouldve been a close decision with a couple of others, not sure why everyone seems to think he's a walk up start for the test team.

He might get a shot later in the series, same for Agar & Swepson. Sometimes you need to wait or just get a bit lucky with injuries
Just over Travis Head, who has batted very well in the shield this year.

Its concerning but not time for panic. The reason why australia need to play at least 2 spinners is so Lyon can attack. When he goes for runs okeefe & the 5th bowler can put some overs in & dry the runs up again. O'Keefe is very suited to that role. If they start smacking him out of the attack I'll start to worry.

When Lyon played as the lone spinner that's where he got into trouble, didn't know to attack or defend the lost the ability to do either.

Dont forget this isn't the spinners paradise we are expecting in the test series

Lyon and "attack" in the same sentence?

Don't make me laugh.

Lyon and "attack" in the same sentence?

Don't make me laugh.
Like it or not he is the only spinner in australia capable of spinning the ball & producing wicket taking deliveries. All the others just nag away & wait for the batsman to make a mistake.

Normally he just provides the back up to the quicks, holding down an end, which has ruined his bowling. So often he get criticized for bowling too flat.

A distinct shift from our usual strategy is required over there. Just because the players still may not be good enough to win doesn't mean it's the wrong way to go about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back