Australia vs India A tour match: 17-19 Feb in Mumbai

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Doesn't matter.
BCCI will doctor all the test pitches to suit Ashwin, just like they always do.....

It's amazing isn't it, that a country who have been producing spinning wickets since they entered test cricket 70 years ago, have suddenly decided to produce........ spinning wickets.

Next thing Australia will start doctoring their wickets to bounce more than subcontinent ones.

Carlos Danger

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's amazing isn't it, that a country who have been producing spinning wickets since they entered test cricket 70 years ago, have suddenly decided to produce........ spinning wickets.

Next thing Australia will start doctoring their wickets to bounce more than subcontinent ones.
Isn't the conspiracy the BCCI have scheduled the tests at 3 new venues do they have more control over the pitch preparation.

Their wickets always spin, think they dial it up another notch when they play australia.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Off topic. You have a very sad name. Better than blind drunk I guess.
Anyway, proceed. :)
Sorry, I did'nt realize commenting on an INDIA / AUST Cricket match in an INDIA/AUST thread was off topic,how f...ing dumb of me.
PS. I have'nt been sober for 40 years,I'm married,it's the only way I can sleep with my wife.
PSS.You barrack for Eddiewood and list Tassie as home , I would'nt worry about my sad name.
PSSS.Have a great day.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Isn't the conspiracy the BCCI have scheduled the tests at 3 new venues do they have more control over the pitch preparation.

Their wickets always spin, think they dial it up another notch when they play australia.

I doubt they put effort into trying to green them up or anything but I don't think they go out of their way to suck extra moisture from them either.

The one glaring example recently where they were worse decks than normal was against SA, not Australia.
Swann and Panesar, with help from England's two best (at that stage) players of spin in Pietersen and Cook were the reason for England winning over there. Those decks were spin friendly even by Indian standards and again, came against england not Australia.
I would guess that they'd try and nullify the spin to a degree against, say, Sri Lanka who's best chance and only chance lies in spinning them out. NZ and Australia would be much of a muchness IMO and they never host Pakistan anyway. They could play the West Indies on carpet and it wouldn't make much difference.

There are two things I never get where Australia is concerned.

One is why it's so mean spirited for countries with low slow pitches to produce low slow pitches, but we are so fair because we produce faster bouncier ones. What's the difference? One suits one kind of cricketer, the other suits another.

The second is why, when we go anywhere and get bundled out for next to nothing, the pitch always cops the blame and the dastardly curators, but the myriad teams who have come here and been obliterated over the past 30 years have played on perfectly fair decks.

(Not directed at you by the way, a general observation)

roscreasl98

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2016
Over The Hill
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
All Local Footy
I doubt they put effort into trying to green them up or anything but I don't think they go out of their way to suck extra moisture from them either.

The one glaring example recently where they were worse decks than normal was against SA, not Australia.
Swann and Panesar, with help from England's two best (at that stage) players of spin in Pietersen and Cook were the reason for England winning over there. Those decks were spin friendly even by Indian standards and again, came against england not Australia.
I would guess that they'd try and nullify the spin to a degree against, say, Sri Lanka who's best chance and only chance lies in spinning them out. NZ and Australia would be much of a muchness IMO and they never host Pakistan anyway. They could play the West Indies on carpet and it wouldn't make much difference.

One is why it's so mean spirited for countries with low slow pitches to produce low slow pitches, but we are so fair because we produce faster bouncier ones. What's the difference? One suits one kind of cricketer, the other suits another.

The second is why, when we go anywhere and get bundled out for next to nothing, the pitch always cops the blame and the dastardly curators, but the myriad teams who have come here and been obliterated over the past 30 years have played on perfectly fair decks.

Where did I say they only doctor the pitches against Australia???
Good idea to read before ranting........

roscreasl98

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2016
Over The Hill
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
All Local Footy
Where did I say I was talking to you?

Have you changed your name to General Observation?

Or Carlos Danger?

Good idea to read before ranting......
But you did respond to my original post u silly man.

And don't copy my quotes, make up ur own (if capable) LOL.

Carlos Danger

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Consistency of the pitches is what I'm looking for, Australia always turns out very consistent pitches year after year, they just happen to be fast and bouncy.

India pitches will always turn, but if the pitch starts decintegrating from day 1 you have to wonder. In the England series there was a good 3 days batting before they started to show some real wear. It will make for an interesting comparison.

The stuff that irritates me is the tour match pitch being green and not overly spin friendly. That we knew it was going to happen and warmed up in another country just isn't right. Visiting teams should have a major say in how the pitch gets prepared for warm up matches & the standard of players playing. (We aren't innocent in this area that CA XI v sth africa was a joke, the fact they kicked the kids off and bowled to themselves in the last session says a lot)

Prepare the pitches however you want for the tests but don't try to hamper teams in their preparation.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Consistency of the pitches is what I'm looking for, Australia always turns out very consistent pitches year after year, they just happen to be fast and bouncy.

India pitches will always turn, but if the pitch starts decintegrating from day 1 you have to wonder. In the England series there was a good 3 days batting before they started to show some real wear. It will make for an interesting comparison.

The stuff that irritates me is the tour match pitch being green and not overly spin friendly. That we knew it was going to happen and warmed up in another country just isn't right. Visiting teams should have a major say in how the pitch gets prepared for warm up matches & the standard of players playing. (We aren't innocent in this area that CA XI v sth africa was a joke, the fact they kicked the kids off and bowled to themselves in the last session says a lot)

Prepare the pitches however you want for the tests but don't try to hamper teams in their preparation.

You beat me to it haha - when I was thinking about the disparity in warm-up match pitches between Australia (usually representative of what the tests will provide) and India (usually not like them at all) I remembered the quality of the teams that have been put up against tourists in Australia!

Agree about the first day deterioration - that's what separated the SA series from the others. Dean Elgar was causing problems for batsmen FFS. But I can't recall other series' where the general pitch quality has been like that. Test matches here and there yes, not series' though.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Every man and his blind ferret knows what type of pitches will be dished up, so pick a team accordingly,we have plenty of options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

If I was the BCCI, I would actually try and nullify the spin a little bit to prolong the Tests against Australia. It won't stop them from winning. Maybe it will be more interesting. Last time India was here we gave them 4 highways, I mean pitches, to make the BCCI happy. They were:
The Stuart Hwy;
The Pacific Hwy;
The Hume Hwy; and
The Princes Hwy. :thumbsu:

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If I was the BCCI, I would actually try and nullify the spin a little bit to prolong the Tests against Australia. It won't stop them from winning. Maybe it will be more interesting. Last time India was here we gave them 4 highways, I mean pitches, to make the BCCI happy. They were:
The Stuart Hwy;
The Pacific Hwy;
The Hume Hwy; and

They were roads but they were also totally in keeping with what we've produced for most series' in recent times, not just the Indian one.

roscreasl98

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2016
Over The Hill
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
All Local Footy
The Stuart Hwy;
The Pacific Hwy;
The Hume Hwy; and
The whole cricket world, including the media, for some reason has to make the BCCI happy.
Stuff the bloody BCCI, they're no more important than any other cricket board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back