Australia vs India @ the SCG 1st ODI (of 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have more of a problem with Brendan Julian commentating than Warne.

BJ was a back up left arm bowler on an Ashes tour back in the 90s and now he tries to pass himself off as a cricket expert, his cricket knowledge is laughable.

Least Julian generally just tries to host the thing. Agree as a commentator though

BJ was a back up left arm bowler on an Ashes tour back in the 90s and now he tries to pass himself off as a cricket expert, his cricket knowledge is laughable.

Julian is easy on the eye and is a solid host. Much prefer him to Brayshaw hosting 7’s coverage.

I actually like the Fox coverage.

It's no Bill and Tony but I don't mind the s**t talking when it's at a background level with some occasional insight thrown in.

Channel 7 is all Slats and JB yelling as loud as they can with Heals dribbling s**t non-stop while he's in the box. It's unceasing.

A lot of people on here probably pass themselves off as experts.

How many tests for Australia have they played?

Not a bad way to start the summer and good to get a win. I do however prefer pitches that 250 is a par score and a more even contest between bat and ball.

That would have rated it's **** off on free to air and anticipation for Sunday would be about ten times what it actually will be. This will go down as one of worst broadcast deals ever, the broadcaster hates it, the fans hate it, and CA is as useless as ever and will wonder why participation numbers are dropping.

That would have rated it's **** off on free to air and anticipation for Sunday would be about ten times what it actually will be. This will go down as one of worst broadcast deals ever, the broadcaster hates it, the fans hate it, and CA is as useless as ever and will wonder why participation numbers are dropping.

My thoughts exactly. Their needs to be an inquiry into how it was allowed to actually happen. Your national sports team should not be hidden behind a paywall

I actually like the Fox coverage.

It's no Bill and Tony but I don't mind the sh*t talking when it's at a background level with some occasional insight thrown in.

Channel 7 is all Slats and JB yelling as loud as they can with Heals dribbling sh*t non-stop while he's in the box. It's unceasing.
Heals works for Fox.

My thoughts exactly. Their needs to be an inquiry into how it was allowed to actually happen. Your national sports team should not be hidden behind a paywall
It's particularly baffling when CA would have seen what has happened in England with them putting all their cricket on pay tv, and the consequences of that, and they've gone and done exactly the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Participation increased by 3.8% last season.

It's particularly baffling when CA would have seen what has happened in England with them putting all their cricket on pay tv, and the consequences of that, and they've gone and done exactly the same thing.

CA don't care about the fans, they only care about the money.

Still fudging the numbers by including primary school sporting programs that aren't voluntary then?
No, I'm talking about the players registered in competitions number that's at around 700,000. Not the inflated figure that's closer to 2 million.

CA don't care about the fans, they only care about the money.
I mean, in the end it's a business, and the people who work their have the primary focus on their jobs and making the most money for CA, and the future of the game get's left behind, sad fact but it's true.

I mean, in the end it's a business, and the people who work their have the primary focus on their jobs and making the most money for CA, and the future of the game get's left behind, sad fact but it's true.
The other take is that they are corrupt pigs with their snouts deep in the trough - that is provided by Pay TV and gambling interests - and have abrogated one of their primary functions in promoting and proliferating the game.

such a kick in the guts isn’t it.

Anyone who has had involvement with boards, executive remuneration or corporate finance will tell you that KPIs for key individuals should be tied to both short term business performance and long term viability (ideally weighted towards the latter).

This is what doesn’t make sense to me about the CA deal. It’s obvious that clearing the $1b threshold had an overweighted effect on bonuses. Ultimately CA is not a for-profit business, so its board should be far more cognisant of matching executive KPIs with the long term health of the game as opposed to short term windfalls.

He's the Kangaroos problem now....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back