Australia vs Italy - Florence

Remove this Banner Ad

JOC has been confirmed as being out of the Italy Test. Lachie Turner surely to come into the side. Deserves another go.

True, though he was apparently not very impressive against Leicester last week.

This is the info I was given from someone who watched the match

Increased their chances of selection:
Slipper, A.Faingaa, Simmons, Burgess, Barnes

Decreased:
Davies, Brown

Lions, thoughts?

This is the info I was given from someone who watched the match

Increased their chances of selection:
Slipper, A.Faingaa, Simmons, Burgess, Barnes

Decreased:
Davies, Brown

Lions, thoughts?

Davies looked lost out there. Missed tackles and etc. Wasn't impressive. Dick Brown wasn't impressive aswell.

Slipper was simply brilliant in that game. Dominated the scrums and showed good mobility. We have a real goodun, wouldn't surprise me if he beat both Ben's to be a starting prop for the World Cup, whether he plays THP or LHP is depended on which Ben is playing better.

I thought Barnes was BOG. Controlled the game really well and adapted to the conditions. A lot of people would say he had a average game but I doubt that we would've won without him. As I said controlled the game brilliantly, didn't overplay his hand. Probably kicked too often, but in those conditions it was probably the correct options. I really think that Barnes is perfectly suited to the northern hemisphere game.

Van Humphries was a lot better then Simmonds. Was everywhere and is a real workhorse, pretty much what we expect from Van the man. Simmonds was very solid though.

Burgess played very well. Very bubbly and had good intensity. Probably our best player. Not sure about Ant's game. Was very solid in defence but was largely ineffective in attack. Barnes playing inside him probably didn't help. Played his role in the team would be the best description.

Interesting. Thanks mate. Slipper really has enhanced his reputation, going from not starting in the S14 behind Daley and Weeks but Deans and co. clearly rated him from the start.

Turner will now not start against Munster as JOC is out of the Test.

What will be most interesting now is what Deans will do with the goal kicking. Will it go straight back to Giteau (and possibly save him from being dropped)? Will Barnes get promoted and given the goal kicking? Will Cooper take over?

I hope it is Barnes.

Kurtley Beale; Lachie Turner, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell; Quade Cooper, Luke Burgess; Ben McCalman, David Pocock; Rocky Elsom (capt), Nathan Sharpe, Rob Simmons; Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, James Slipper
Replacements: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson, Mark Chisholm, Matt Hodgson, Will Genia, Matt Giteau, Pat McCabe

- Lachie Turner in for JOC (easily explained)

- Berrick Barnes in for Giteau (finally...)

- Luke Burgess in for Genia (injuries and form it seems explain this)

- Rob Simmons in for Chisholm (good move...get Simmons some Test experience)

- James Slipper in for Robinson (poor form of Robinson and Slipper has been very good in his time on the field and in the mid-week games)
- TPN back on the bench

- Pat McCabe could make his debut off the bench (gets the gig ahead of Hynes, Davies which is surprising I think) The writing is on the wall for Hynes...he seems to not be in our plans for the RWC

Saia Faingaa, Van Humphries, Luke Morahan, Peter Hynes and Rod Davies have all been sent home as the players to be cut for the last 2 tests.

Hynes is now rated below Pat McCabe. Wouldn't have seen that coming earlier this year. Can't argue with the rest.

I just can't help but think that Deans will reverse many of these changes next week and go back for the tried players against France, unless these players put in outstanding performances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't help but think that Deans will reverse many of these changes next week and go back for the tried players against France, unless these players put in outstanding performances.

I don't know if the Wallabies know the concept of "outstanding performances"........ lol

Giteau is dead. Barnes will play next week, Deans has lost patience, and Barnes will goalkick!:thumbsu:

I don't know if the Wallabies know the concept of "outstanding performances"........ lol

Using many full stops in a row and a "lol". You're so witty.

Lol.

I don't know if the All Blacks know the concept of 'winning when it matters'..........lol.

What a joker you are. The ABs I will admit have choked in 2 of the past WCs, (99 and 07) but the WC is not the only thing that matters in World rugby. Bledisloe Cup, Tri Nations, Grand Slam Tours and various other cups that are played against other nations are games and tournaments that matter and they have excelled in all them. Its fairly obvious by watching the ABs this year they have really changed there approach to the way they play the game, they approach a game with about 4 or even 5 different game plans. I will say it now by the time WC comes around the ABs will pretty much be untouchable. ABs Vs England final.

FFS! Finally the referee realises what's been going on in the scrum. Although it has to be said that Castrogiovanni is playing the referee beautifully so far.

The referee is absolutely clueless about scrums.

Pretty bad performance. To be honest I didn't expect any better and at least we didn't lose like we did against Scotland last year.

Didn't watch the game but have heard that Barnes kicked outstandingly well. Looks like we might have the kicker we need. Hopefully he'll be kept for next week and beyond as France have been getting into kicking contests over the last few weeks.

Rob Simmons apparently played really well and the ref apparently reffed the scrum horribly giving Castrogiovanni far too much lee way. Burgess and Elsom also apparently played very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back