Australia vs Pakistan- 3rd Test (SCG) 3-7 Jan 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had a few good series against some of the toughest competition:

543 runs @ 90.50 in South Africa
239 runs @ 59.75 vs Pakistan in UAE
418 runs @ 46.44 in the 2015 Ashes

Take out his series against New Zealand and his away average is up over 40 again. Taking out big performances does tend to hurt one's average.

Not really

Away averages:
Ponting: 46.40
Hayden: 42.68
Warner: 38.53
Guptill: 24.98

Take note roscreasl98, this is how you disprove of someone's post. Wrong, wrong, and wrong is lame and simply doesn't cut it

In response to Barry, it does tend to work both ways. I simply took out the away series he had scored all his 100s, which is why I found that series to be a statistical anomaly

I'll stand by my claim he won't average over 30 in India :D

Why do they need to suggest an alternative?

Where can I get a copy of this f***ing rule book everyone seems to bang on about which dictates 'to criticise someone you have to want them out of the team'?

Precisely! I would be utensil-a-hoop if Warner has a Hayden 2001 series in India

Starc will always take wickets, he's an amazing talent. Alas, bowling long, consistent spells of Test match bowling isn't his strength

And Nathan Lyon is, and always will be, a ******* legend!

The problem Warner's critics (and Starc's, for that matter) have is they need to suggest a better alternative. Easier said than done, I reckon. The selectors are there to pick the best available 11, and I for 1 think they've done a pretty reasonable job in recent times!!!!!
Agree. Haven't we just won 4 tests, and 3 odi's in a row. And blooded some terrific youngsters? We aren't there yet, but we are on the right track. Ably led by Starcy, Davey, Smithy and Garry.

Take note roscreasl98, this is how you disprove of someone's post. Wrong, wrong, and wrong is lame and simply doesn't cut it

In response to Barry, it does tend to work both ways. I simply took out the away series he had scored all his 100s, which is why I found that series to be a statistical anomaly

I'll stand by my claim he won't average over 30 in India :D
Ok. We'll see. But he's just had a super series. And he's just been quoted as saying that there's no excuse for him and the team in India. But let us enjoy the present success, rather than bring so bloody negative.

Why do they need to suggest an alternative?

Where can I get a copy of this f***ing rule book everyone seems to bang on about which dictates 'to criticise someone you have to want them out of the team'?
Because you just criticise for the sake of it. And you hate the Aussies. Say something positive for a change, and u might be heard.

Agree. Haven't we just won 4 tests, and 3 odi's in a row. And blooded some terrific youngsters? We aren't there yet, but we are on the right track. Ably led by Starcy, Davey, Smithy and Garry.
Bingo. We've got a long way to go - I don't think anybody is denying that. India is the toughest tour in world cricket right now, and if we manage to do better than 4-0, it won't be be a bad result. The Poms aren't a bad side, but unless you score 500+ in India, you're vulnerable because their batting is so strong (their first innings average against England was an imposing 550, and their lowest first innings score was 417).

But I'm more than hopeful of a strong showing in the Ashes series next summer. It'll be a fantastic series, deserving of a full house at every venue. But I believe we're a huge chance of regaining the Ashes.

But I'm more than hopeful of a strong showing in the Ashes series next summer. It'll be a fantastic series, deserving of a full house at every venue. But I believe we're a huge chance of regaining the Ashes.
Still big question marks over our ability to handle the moving ball, mind.

Ok. We'll see. But he's just had a super series. And he's just been quoted as saying that there's no excuse for him and the team in India. But let us enjoy the present success, rather than bring so bloody negative.

What are we to do? Sit here and pull each other over how good Australia is? I'd be bored to death in minutes!

Still big question marks over our ability to handle the moving ball, mind.
That's a fair call. But I have more faith in our batting than I did a couple of months ago. Hopefully guys like Renshaw and Handscomb can stand up in their Ashes debuts (assuming they get picked of course), and add some solidarity to the top order.

Because you just criticise for the sake of it. And you hate the Aussies. Say something positive for a change, and u might be heard.

You mean like in the unpopular opinions thread where I have hazlewood a huge wrap and said he's the best in Australia? Or when I said that Lyon ripped out the 3 biggest wickets on day 5 in Melbourne?

Nah good point though.

I don't recall saying the weak aspects shouldn't be discussed. But equally, the positives shouldn't be ignored.
They aren't, you give them a quick "well done chap" and move on instead of going on and in until you're covered in jizz like Slats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like in the unpopular opinions thread where I have hazlewood a huge wrap and said he's the best in Australia? Or when I said that Lyon ripped out the 3 biggest wickets on day 5 in Melbourne?

Nah good point though.
Just proves ur a hypocrite, a band wagon jumper.

What do you have against cricket debate and discussion?
I love Australian cricket. I never bag the players. Follow them through good and bad times. You, and some others, just continually criticise the team and certain indivuduals. You and ur keyboard mates never have anything positive to say. Don't hide behind "cricket debate and discussion" crap, u just stir, stir, stir.

I love Australian cricket. I never bag the players. Follow them through good and bad times. You, and some others, just continually criticise the team and certain indivuduals. You and ur keyboard mates never have anything positive to say. Don't hide behind "cricket debate and discussion" crap, u just stir, stir, stir.
Why can't we bag the players? You can jerk them all you want but if they don't perform then they don't deserve it. The amount of s**t that Bailey got on here while in form from some of the same posters having a go at me was off the charts

I wonder if supporters from other countries melt down in the same way we do when we lose overseas? Could you imagine the Pakistani fans going off:

"Absolutely pathetic Pakistan whitewashed again away from home. Haven't even won a test in Australia since the mid-90s. The 2-0 series win at home means nothing if we turn to water the second we step onto a pitch with a bit of bounce. Yasir Shah is an absolute hack and a typical dustbowl bully. Misbah is finished. Exposed outside the Emirates once again. Babar and Aslam won't make it. Drop them immediately. Younis Khan plundering runs in a dead rubber when the pressure was off after doing nothing when the series was on the line. What a joke, just retire. Typical Karachi selectors just playing favourites like usual."

no, the players will probably just get the bob woolmer treatment

I spend the other half of my time on here posting Nathan Lyon stats in defense of all the Gazza haters, because Nathan Lyon is my boy!

Josh Hazlewood is an absolute bowling machine who thoroughly deserves his number 1 ranking

Steve Smith, although I find him quite petulant at times, is a once-in-a-generation batsman and amazing to watch

Peter Handscomb and Matt Renshaw have been a breath of fresh air, and is there anything better than watching kids score runs in their first few Tests?

Why can't we bag the players? You can jerk them all you want but if they don't perform then they don't deserve it. The amount of s**t that Bailey got on here while in form from some of the same posters having a go at me was off the charts
Why do you bag the players. It can only be jealousy. They are doing what you wish you could do, but you're no good. What gives u the right?

Fraud!

I was a Wade fan (Victorian), but I'm conceding. We all knew he wasn't the worlds best keeper, but I thought he'd make a few handy 30-40's as well, which hasn't happened. Still don't think Nevill's the answer though. But. Noone even suggest Handscomb, please. We've found a genuine very good middle order batsman here, let him just do what he's doing.

I spend the other half of my time on here posting Nathan Lyon stats in defense of all the Gazza haters, because Nathan Lyon is my boy!

Josh Hazlewood is an absolute bowling machine who thoroughly deserves his number 1 ranking

Steve Smith, although I find him quite petulant at times, is a once-in-a-generation batsman and amazing to watch

Peter Handscomb and Matt Renshaw have been a breath of fresh air, and is there anything better than watching kids score runs in their first few Tests?
A real supporter loves the whole team, all the time, in all circumstances. I know I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back