Test Australia Women vs England Women Test Match. Manuka Oval, Canberra, Jan 27-30.

Remove this Banner Ad

I must watching a different bowler , she can nip it off the seam regularly the other way

She’d need to be moving it a foot from where Healy played at it. Like Finch was she has to hit the thing. Problem in tests it’s about patience. You wouldn’t see Lab playing at that rubbish

She’d need to be moving it a foot from where Healy played at it. Like Finch was she has to hit the thing. Problem in tests it’s about patience. You wouldn’t see Lab playing at that rubbish
Lab nicked off playing looser than that in the tests , particularly to Wood.

It doesnt matter how far you have to move , its the element of doubt it gives as a batter if they know the bowler can do it .

This.

The other option and hold me because you know how little I rate Sutherland. She’s a top order bat if she in the side she has to bat there. Can keep Perry and Lanning at 4-5. Sutherland to number 3. Mooney you open. Agree on Healy at 7. It’s lunacy to have your keeper opening in a test match
I'm not entirely sold on Sutherland as a batter, I don't think she is as competent with the willow as McGrath or Gardner, so I think she comes in after Healy.

My batting line up would be Mooney and Haynes opens, followed by Lanning, Perry, McGrath, Gardner, Healy, Sutherland, Jonasson, King and Brown.

Praise on earth it’s raining
It's a little late, I expected it about 20-25 minutes earlier.

It's absolutely bucketing down in Tuggeranong at the moment, hopefully it won't last too long.

I'm not entirely sold on Sutherland as a batter, I don't think she is as competent with the willow as McGrath or Gardner, so I think she comes in after Healy.

My batting line up would be Mooney and Haynes opens, followed by Lanning, Perry, McGrath, Gardner, Healy, Sutherland, Jonasson, King and Brown.

One too many AR’s for me. Yeah I know how good Sutherland has bowled this test but whether we’d be better with say a Wellington or a Campbell. In the end 20 wickets win the test. We’ll always have enough runs. The other thing that has to be spoken about is JJ- she’s been a servant but is she needed, barely bowled yesterday. Could we have used a genuine blast out quick in Campbell?

It's a little late, I expected it about 20-25 minutes earlier.

It's absolutely bucketing down in Tuggeranong at the moment, hopefully it won't last too long.

You want us to bat in these conditions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW! Ash Gardner wins the Belinda Clark medal.

Yeah you sort of forget how good she was the previous few series, terrible BbL but I’m not as surprised looking at the stats. Lanning missed games and Perry has been average

Yeah you sort of forget how good she was the previous few series, terrible BbL but I’m not as surprised looking at the stats. Lanning missed games and Perry has been average
Consistent without being spectacular. Except maybe that 60 odd against the Kiwis in one of the early T20's.

Rain looks like it's going hang around for sometime which is a real shame, it's been a great contest to date and a win for either team is still a possibility.

No a pair. Some saying she should not have opened after keeping for a mentally bruising 110 overs. Ok fatigue may have played a part in her failure but the simple truth is she is not a good player of the moving red ball. I say sack her as, if she has not grasped the skills required for Test cricket by now she never will. One thing is certain after seeing us bat in India series and here against the swinging/seaming Kooka, ICC needs to tell all boards to address the lack of red ball domestic cricket. CA should take the world lead and introduce either a domestic red ball comp or implement a red ball component into the current domestic white ball comp.

Shes a slogger or weekend cricketers may use the term cowboy so making her open in Tests is stupid lol

Not raining in Tuggeranong at the moment and hasn't for the last 20-30 minutes. It wasn't overly heavy, only 12mm in about two hours.

Hopefully this will mean the rain is clearing up around Manuka and we may get some game time shortly.

Shes a slogger or weekend cricketers may use the term cowboy so making her open in Tests is stupid lol
She slices across the ball with an open blade which normally isnt effective here against the moving ball .
Clearly out of form too .

Needs to bat 7 which that technique not sure she squeezes an all rounder out .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back