ODI Australia women vs England women, (World Cup Final) @ Christchurch, Sun 3 April @ 1pm local (11am Syd/Mel)

Remove this Banner Ad

With less than 20 overs to go, here are the remaining batting options in the top 7:

Series Strikerates:
https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/e...y_team.html?id=13629;team=289;type=tournament
Lanning 87
Perry 71
McGrath 88
Gardner 139

Career ODI Strikerates:
Lanning 92
Perry 76
McGrath 90
Gardner 117

Career T20 Strikerates:
Lanning 115
Perry 105
McGrath 156 (from 113 balls faced)
Gardner 129

Based on the above data, and that Australia have less than 20 overs remaining with the loss of only 1 wicket, I'd like Perry to come in at number 7.

(If I was making the decision, and)
if the 2nd wicket falls before the 35th over, I'd bring in Lanning next.
if the 2nd wicket falls between overs 36 and 40, I'd bring in McGrath next.
if the 2nd wicket falls after the completion of over 40, I'd bring in Gardner next.

But most importantly, Perry should come in at number 7.

Pointless shot Haynes, not necessary and pays for it. Great innings though and has the Aussies of to a fast start.

Beg to differ - at 0-160, go big or get out is the usual approach, plus smacking Ecclestone out the attack leaves England with very few other bowling options..!

Knock Heals! Established herself as the big match player following her 75 off 39 in the 2020 T20 WC final and back to back centuries in the 2022 ODI WC semi-final and final.

Officially best player in the family

Beg to differ - at 0-160, go big or get out is the usual approach, plus smacking Ecclestone out the attack leaves England with very few other bowling options..!
The innings was already accelerating nicely, Ecclestone was accurate but they were comfortably scoring off her at around 4.5 to 5 an over. There was no need to play a stupid shot like that when placing the ball into the many gaps was doing the job nicely.

Congrats to Healy for another wonderful 100. Anybody who thinks she is unworthy of a spot in this team has rocks in their head.

Will we see a congratulations from LP1.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back