Australian 1st Test Team v Pakistan

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Going to be an interesting series with Australia's weak batting, Pakistan don't normally turn up in Australia though so that should be enough for us to have a series win coupled with our fairly strong bowling attack.

Sidenote why are people comparing Travis Head's potential to a young Michael Clarke ? Lol.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Didn't they have to pretty much play an entire 2nd string bowling lineup against us? They were back to full strength or close to against SA from memory.
In the 1st Test they played v Aus they played
Lakmal
Kumara
Chameera

By the 2nd Test all 3 got injured so they played
Chamika
Rajitha
V. Fernando

By the SA tour only Lakmal was back so they played
Lakmal
Rajitha
V. Fernando

Was basically the same line-up that got smashed in Canberra.

No heads will roll after this test as you would think they all get 2 tests before we drop anyone

There is no one available in terms of batting anyway, Pucovski taking some time away took away that option. Can't see the bowlers chnging although I'd play Nesser personally.

SportsCentre

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Pre-game be like:

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Going to be an interesting series with Australia's weak batting, Pakistan don't normally turn up in Australia though so that should be enough for us to have a series win coupled with our fairly strong bowling attack.

Sidenote why are people comparing Travis Head's potential to a young Michael Clarke ? Lol.
After 12 tests -

Michael Clarke: 669 runs at 41.8
Travis Head: 854 runs at 42.7

Back