El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
TDWtVdj.png

Just in time for the NBA tipping off, FJGD Basketball is back!

Welcome to the Australian Basketball Association, this board's premier Basketball design comp.

As per previous seasons, this year entrants will submit a single image entry with 2 uniforms on it, one white based, one colour based, and a logo. That entry will take place in a league based basketball competition followed by playoffs.

As pre previous seasons, there will be a draft for identity options, but this year the draft is gonna be a bit more interesting. I've noticed around the board lots of instances of regular designers talking about wanting to enter competitions, but struggling with ideas and motivation. So this year, you won't only be drafting for colour and location, but also for nickname! That's right, the entire base of your design brief will be locked in during the draft process.

What's more, instead of a one round draft where people can pick colour and location at once, it'll be a 3 round draft with all options on the table for each round! The first overall pick could be a colour, a location or a nickname. Entrants will have to pick one of each over the 3 rounds. The list of available options will be decided by me and announced as the draft goes live.

Because of this new draft system, previous identites have been retired, so everyone will be designing from scratch this year.

This thread is for people to register for the draft. Please only register if you're interested and confident you can take part, the draft system means that people dropping out during the process sort of ruins it for everyone else.

I'll leave registrations open until Tuesday the 5th of January, with the draft commencing the following day. I anticipate the draft will go for a week or so and then we'll have a couple of weeks for design, so the competition is likely to start in late January. Plenty of time.

Current Signup list:

El_Scorcho
Muggsy26
magpienato
caloschwaby
craegus
TheDoctor11
fancyscum
Barrybran
Rioli8217
BringBackTheAnchor
Moosen
just_kick_it

Last edited:

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I'll try to keep the OP updated with people who have signed up. All welcome, the more the merrier!

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Or he could just give us two months to enter...

Nah, don't need that.

I just want to know the top prospects in the 3 categories so that my organisation can create potential draft lists beforehand.

It may also speed up the draft itself if people can have their own lists ready as well.

TheDoctor11

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I'd appreciate knowing beforehand too, personally I've got work all day Wednesday and a family event Thursday, so if I know ahead of time I could send through a list of preferences to avoid slowing things down too much.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Hey El_Scorcho are we going to get a preview of the draft options will be so that those participating can do some "preparation/scouting" of those draft prospects so that we can begin preparing our draft lists for when it starts.

Good idea, I'll try to get the list up tonight for the numbers we have. Obviously extra people signing up will mean extra options in each category.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Below is the current list of draft options assuming the numbers stay at 10.

As you can see I've tried to go for some unusual options so people are doing something new. Have fun!

A reminder that this will be a 3 round draft where you'll be required to select one colour, one location and one nickname, but there is no set order in which you must select your options. Pick 1 overall could be a location, pick 2 a nickname etc. You'll have to decide which option is most important to you.

Screenshot_20210103-090541_Office.jpg

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
With Moosen signing up, the numbers are now at at 11, I'll add Maroon, Darwin and Frillnecks to the list.

Back