Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
TDWtVdj.png

Welcome to the Australian Basketball Association​

Competition Structure

Teams will start in pools of 3, where they'll play the other 2 teams in their pool.

The 9 winners of each pool will go straight through to a knockout round.

The 2nd and 3rd placed teams will go through to an 18 team wildcard shootout where all 18 teams will go into one poll, with the top 7 votegetters progressing through to the knockout rounds.

That will give us a final 16, and there will be 4 straight knockout rounds until a victor is crowned.

Entry Requirements
  • You will create a brand new basketball team from scratch, based in the location you drafted and using the primary colour you drafted. This team must be brand new identity that does not borrow heavily the identity of an existing sports team (for example no doing Perth Lakers in gold and purple).
  • You will create a home and away uniform for this team, and you will submit 1 image to me with both uniforms on it. The home uniform MUST be primarily white, and the away uniform MUST be primarily your drafted colour.
  • Your uniforms must be presented showing both the front and back of the jersey, and at least 1 angle of the shorts. Also to be considered by not compulsory are socks, arm sleeves, shoes etc.
  • If you are submitting a logo with your entry, it must be entirely of your own creation. No borrowed logos.
  • As per the displayed layout, your entry must include numbers front and back, a player name on the back (above or below the numbers), a manufacturer logo on the players right shoulder and left hip, and the ABA logo in green and gold on the left shoulder and right hip.

The manufacturer logo can also go on the back below the collar if it suits your design better
BsH0tih.png

Teams

KwyESpt.png

Due Date

We'll make it Thursday December 20th, purely to give people a 5 day buffer after the CCRC due date.

Last edited:
TDWtVdj.png

Welcome to the Australian Basketball Association​

With the draft over 2/3rds complete, use this thread to announce team identities, share templates and ask questions!

Entry Requirements

• You will create a brand new basketball team from scratch, based in the location you drafted and using the primary colour you drafted. This team must be brand new identity that does not borrow heavily the identity of an existing sports team (for example no doing Perth Lakers in gold and purple).
  • You will create a home and away uniform for this team, and you will submit 1 image to me with both uniforms on it. The home uniform MUST be primarily white, and the away uniform MUST be primarily your drafted colour.
  • Your uniforms must be presented showing both the front and back of the jersey, and at least 1 angle of the shorts. Also to be considered by not compulsory are socks, arm sleeves, shoes etc.
  • If you are submitting a logo with your entry, it must be entirely of your own creation. No borrowed logos.
  • As per the displayed layout, your entry must include numbers front and back, a player name on the back (above or below the numbers), a manufacturer logo on the players right shoulder and left hip, and the ABA logo in green and gold on the left shoulder and right hip.
BsH0tih.png

There is no deadline yet, i'll wait for the end of the draft, however we'll be looking at about a month or so design phase, probably delaying the deadline to about a week after CCRC is due.
Mind if I use that template? Mine is.... not excellent

Is a side angle of the shorts enough scorch?

Yep! I'm aware many templates present it this way and it makes sense with a flat template, so I specifically worded it the way I did to include the side :)

Mind if I use that template? Mine is.... not excellent

I found this one just by googling "basketball uniform template" so I had something to display the logo layout on. There are heaps of options on google images for Basketball.

I'm still working on my template.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quirk of the draft:

We have the 2 Perth teams both in black, the 2 Tasmanian teams both in royal and 2 of the 3 SEQLD teams wearing yellow.

Thanks! I reckon I'm leaning towards that one too. Just.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't mind the Rebels actually. I feel like I've seen plenty of 'Miners' teams before so a 'Rebels' team embracing the Eureka Flag (my Grade 5 excursion to Sovereign Hill is paying off) would be an interesting area to explore, and as a field that has been relatively untouched, you can set your own precedent on how the team would be branded

I don't mind the Rebels actually. I feel like I've seen plenty of 'Miners' teams before so a 'Rebels' team embracing the Eureka Flag (my Grade 5 excursion to Sovereign Hill is paying off) would be an interesting area to explore, and as a field that has been relatively untouched, you can set your own precedent on how the team would be branded
True, I think it's just the awkwardness of the flag and left shoulder that's bugging me, also the fact it's had bad rep in recent times. I'll work on them both some more though.

True, I think it's just the awkwardness of the flag and left shoulder that's bugging me, also the fact it's had bad rep in recent times. I'll work on them both some more though.

Yeah, I think angry looking white man with a eureka flag is a bit on the nose, the 'true blue' colour doesn't help either. The miners is a bit more cliche, but that probably just because it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back