Competition Australian Basketball Association HQ

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I never noticed that, not that I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at it. I thought that it represented the tall buildings in Melbourne

No it isn't, but you're free to interpret it as such.
The hand that's rising to snatch the ABA Cup ;)

My first impression was that caloschwaby was flipping everybody off.
I didn't spend long looking at it either, and my first impression (after the obvious skyscraper imagery) was that it was the middle finger. When I realised this wasn't quite right, I noticed it was actually shaped like a hand.

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Townsville Jets Logo.png

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Is your team representing the South of Perth or the suburb South Perth?
The Southern Perth region. It represents Perth south of the Swan River however if your team was planning to represent some of that area as well, we could compromise our boundaries.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
The Southern Perth region. It represents Perth south of the Swan River however if your team was planning to represent some of that area as well, we could compromise our boundaries.
Nah my team is solely North of the River. Was just wondering about your name that's all. North Perth is also a suburb in Perth so I probably won't be naming my team "North Perth".

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Nah my team is solely North of the River. Was just wondering about your name that's all. North Perth is also a suburb in Perth so I probably won't be naming my team "North Perth".
Alright, do you suggest I change my name to prevent misunderstandings?

El_Scorcho, do the Home and Away uniforms need to have the team name on the front (i.e NBA style - nickname on home, city away). Putting together my design and I want to make sure I'm not squeezing it in at the last minute and it looks terrible. Cheers :thumbsu:

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
El_Scorcho, do the Home and Away uniforms need to have the team name on the front (i.e NBA style - nickname on home, city away). Putting together my design and I want to make sure I'm not squeezing it in at the last minute and it looks terrible. Cheers :thumbsu:

Nope! Just the number is required. Design is totally up to you as long as it fits in with the guidelines in the OP. I have mine in NBA style but it's not necessary if you want to do something different.

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
El_Scorcho, I know you've stipulated that the manufacturer logo and ABA logo should sit on each shoulder but I was wondering if I could place the manufacturer's logo on the back above the name? I'd like to have my front number small and on the shoulder, like caloschwaby mentioned in an earlier post.

All good if that's against the rules, just trying my luck!

Miners.png

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
El_Scorcho, I know you've stipulated that the manufacturer logo and ABA logo should sit on each shoulder but I was wondering if I could place the manufacturer's logo on the back above the name? I'd like to have my front number small and on the shoulder, like caloschwaby mentioned in an earlier post.

All good if that's against the rules, just trying my luck!

View attachment 589442
I'm going to allow this just because I'd prefer not to get in the way of people's designs if possible. I'll update the OP.

Back