Competition Australian Basketball Association HQ

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Just under 3 weeks left on this one, plenty of time to get your CCRC entry in and then get on to this!

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Is there an optimal size our entries should be? Sorry for my ignorance, but what's best for displaying on bigfooty? (e.g. 1600 pixels wide?)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bigfooty will generally scale your image to fit the page width, so ideally you want a wider image so it's all visible on screen at once after scaling, if that makes sense, so ratio is probably more important than size.

I usually do 1400x800 or close to it. That'll fit nicely on the page while scrolling and it'll stay under 1mb as a jpg so Imgur doesn't compress it.

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
If you think that's good just wait until I figure out what the **** is bright green in you see what's coming from Wollongong
Watching Celtic vs Wolves, thought of this post. Wolves rocking their eye-searing green, hurts my retina, in a good way. Hope your design does too!

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Watching Celtic vs Wolves, thought of this post. Wolves rocking their eye-searing green, hurts my retina, in a good way. Hope your design does too!

I'm definitely going lime/fluoro, I just don't know what the identity will be yet.

Righto, after a mix-up from the social media team
The logo is placed in the correct thread.
Southport-Heat-Logo.png

This has been me the past week, got everything else designed and putting the finishing touches on my portfolio so soon I'll have no choice.

I'm only in my first year of designing and being a part of the FJGD, but I'm feeling swamped at the minute. Four different leagues + the weeklies (which have eased off for the minute which has helped - lets us catch our breath). Now that school's finished I've been able to spend plenty of time designing, however, and I've only got FIRA left now to come up with ideas and build on a concept. All the others are either submitted or just need the I's dotted and the T's crossed

I'm only in my first year of designing and being a part of the FJGD, but I'm feeling swamped at the minute. Four different leagues + the weeklies (which have eased off for the minute which has helped - lets us catch our breath). Now that school's finished I've been able to spend plenty of time designing, however, and I've only got FIRA left now to come up with ideas and build on a concept. All the others are either submitted or just need the I's dotted and the T's crossed
Feel free to take a break from the weeklies if you're swamped :p They're handy for building your skills in between comps, though I'd personally focus on the big comps and then see how you can go with WIW and Thirds :thumbsu:

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I'll see how I go and try and get it done

No worries, let me know how you go early so I can replace you if need be.

We've still got 10 days on this one. The good thing about basketball is that there are literally dozens of templates available online simply by googling, and Calo has kindly posted his above as well.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
No worries, let me know how you go early so I can replace you if need be.

We've still got 10 days on this one. The good thing about basketball is that there are literally dozens of templates available online simply by googling, and Calo has kindly posted his above as well.
I found a really good template on google but when I went to download the link did not work :(

Back