Australian Cricket Broadcast Rights 2018 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

In a personnel context, Fox started out on the right track. With the addition of Howie for some tests and ODI's plus Brad McNamara as the producer, i do hope they don't end up dropping the ball so to speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've enjoyed listening to Isa Guha during the English cricket summer. Shane Warne when talking cricket is good, Gilly was impressive on the BBL. Michael Hussey, i think will turn into a good commentator, Skull will be good value if he finds the appropriate balance between humour and analysis.

The elephant in the room is Brad McNamara. If Fox Cricket is a pay TV version of what channel 9 served up in 2014/15 and 2015/16, then he's even more of an idiot than i think he is.

Channel 7, SEN, ABC and Fairfax radio will hope Fox Cricket is an absolute shower of s**t. McNamara is a producer who's been at helm of coverage which caters to the lowest common denominator. I hope Fox Cricket is akin to Sky Sports in England and not bogan centric coverage.

I'll give Fox Cricket a chance, but i reckon I'll be having the radio on quickly if my concerns become reality.

Really surprised and dispirited by Ian Healy’s signing. Hard to believe now, in his first few years at Ch 9 he was an excellent, perceptive commentator but by the mid-00s he’d turned into the jingoistic, abrasive twit that he remained till last summer. Can’t see him changing now back to his early version.

To echo what others have said, it feels like the Ch 7 & Fox commentary teams are the opposite of what one would’ve expected. Fox Sports is looking pretty dire now.

Healy? Gross. At least Warne can be semi-decent if he's not paired with a *******. When was the last time Healy was actually a good commentator?
Healy can be OK if he talks only when required. Brad MacNamara, however, seems to want a constant shitstream of waffle; so Healy will probably be just as bad as most of his time on Nine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back