Australian Cricket Broadcast Rights 2018 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a bit of spin by 7. The 5 city metro average, the usual gauge of viewers, is in the 400,000s. Not a terrible number by any means for a Saturday night for this early in the cricket season, but hardly outstanding.
Yep, it is spin. The pre match got around 500k while the 1st innings got 400K, only 25K more than the 1000th repeat of Back to the Future on Nine.

Boody hell, i turn VIC vs SA on today and i hear Mark Howard talking about streakers.

He's been s**t so far. Reminds me of their no-name commentators doing the National Rugby Championship who are there because they went to the same private school as somebody at Fox Sports.

Brett Lee was talking about one of the Tasmanian bowlers who picked up his 1st wicket today. He mangled the cricket language by saying, ''he's earnt the right to be here and now he's got his first pole''.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'He's a very exciting test prospect.'

- Ian Healy on Darcy short, 9 games into a first class career in which he averages 23.
If Short was 90 games into a FC career with an average of 23, it's a dubious statement. If he was 9 games into a FC career with an average of 83, we don't need to be told he's an exciting test prospect.

But as is, I have no problem with Healy's opinion if he really believes it based on something he's seen and isn't just thoughtlessly rambling like usual.

It's not crazy to think Short might eventually end up a test cricketer. I'm a big believer in the idea that if you can bat well against World class bowlers on a consistent basis, then you have what it takes to succeed internationally in any format. I don't believe the switch to red ball cricket is as drastic as everyone seems to think it is. It's still cricket

Phil Rothfield in the Daily Telegraph has revealed that James Rochford is going to have his own satire show on Fox Cricket called ''The Nightwatchman'' on Friday nights during the BBL. It's a cricket version of his ''professor'' shows on Fox League, poking harmless fun at the game and characters involved. The 1st show will be Friday December 21.

Gus Worland will have a show called ''The Cricket Tragic'' which will be a cricket version of 'The Fan' hosted by Andrew Voss on Fox League. Gus Worland eh, another example that it's not sometimes not a case of what you know but who you know.

Phil Rothfield in the Daily Telegraph has revealed that James Rochford is going to have his own satire show on Fox Cricket called ''The Nightwatchman'' on Friday nights during the BBL. It's a cricket version of his ''professor'' shows on Fox League, poking harmless fun at the game and characters involved. The 1st show will be Friday December 21.

Gus Worland will have a show called ''The Cricket Tragic'' which will be a cricket version of 'The Fan' hosted by Andrew Voss on Fox League. Gus Worland eh, another example that it's not sometimes not a case of what you know but who you know.

are they actively trying to make me hate cricket?

are they actively trying to make me hate cricket?

I don't mind the concept of Gus Worland's show. It's just another case of jobs for either Matty John's or Brad McNamara's mates which i don't like. I doubt I'll watch Worland's show anyway. Not much of a fan of him as a presenter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back