Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Congratulations to Freight Train and magpienato on making it to the Grand Final! Thanks to everyone for their entries in what was a fun and unique comp.

Uluru CC
S5rgXTC.jpg

v
Blackburn CC
Pi7EYvh.jpg

Uluru CC with a narrow lead late on day 2, still anyone's game!

We're into the final day here in the Australian Cricket Premiership Grand Final! Keep those votes rolling in!

Congratulations to Freight Train and the Uluru Cricket Club on taking out the 2020 Australian Cricket Premiership! A typically flawless presentation and the desert gradient set off really nicely against both white and black.

Commiserations to magpienato and the Blackburn Cricket Club. Incorporating the vest was a brilliant idea and exactly the kind of outside the box thinking that can carry you far in competitions on this board.

The concept behind this competition was to get people to put design and colours away a bit and focus on getting that template and presentation really perfect, and doing something new and different to make your entry stand out from the crowd. I think everyone who entered did a wonderful job of that, and the two Grand Finalists especially nailed each of those points respectively. Remember that in a major comp like NAFL, or even in the upcoming MSFL, if you aren't milking the most you can out of your template, polishing your presentation and doing something new and interesting, then someone else will, and they'll beat you because of it. Always think about what you can do to be better than the top designers.

Well deserved win FT, trophy cabinet must be getting full now. Thanks Scorch for another great comp, would love this to be regular thing as it really did get me to think more outside the box and I can say with certainty that I've taken some things in this comp into my other presentations and designs.

Thanks guys!

El_Scorcho ran this perfectly from start to finish and I can't wait for the Melb 'burbs comp coming up if it's anything like this. Also, well done magpienato for making it to the final - there was a decent number of entries that could have won this so pretty chuffed to have picked up the comp win. :)

Back