Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

Utterly insane conduct from Tom Curran.

Suspended for four matches, which imo, is very much on the lighter side. This happens in suburban cricket, and it's going to get you at least a year. I can't fathom how a professional cricketer behaves this way.

Also struggling to understand Lisa Sthalaker's defence - "clash of egos"? There's nothing here that the umpire has done wrong. There's no way that Curran did not hear the umpire, and there's no way he didn't see the umpire (1) attempt to pull him up after his first run-through; (2) gesture for him to run on the adjacent wicket instead; and (3) stand in his path. He ignored all of that and attempted to run through the umpire. Don't even see how you can call this a "brain fade". It's entitled, intimidatory behaviour, and deserves a serious punishment.

But it doesn't stop there, because for some reason, the Sydney Sixers have decided to appeal!

I'm hoping the appeal tribunal has the power to increase the penalty. And does so.

Last pair showing some enterprise, making a game of it anyway. Be interesting to see how Joseph the younger bowls, supposed to be quite nippy, and having belted a few runs, should be full of confidence.
er.........could be............

Last pair showing some enterprise, making a game of it anyway. Be interesting to see how Joseph the younger bowls, supposed to be quite nippy, and having belted a few runs, should be full of confidence.
Called it 👏
Was great to see his absolute delight when he‘d taken both wickets.
What a moment for the young man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a day we see an act of thuggery on the footy field causing concussion, we also see Will Pucovski getting hit again. Poor guy can't take a trick, such a talent, but I fear we may not see it come to fruition, much in the same fashion as Paddy McCartin. Comes a point when long term health overrules a sporting career. Have no idea how close Will is to that, but have lost count of how many times it is now for him.

Go well Will, hope for the best.

amazing win in christchurch - still needed 200 when carey came in to bat - cummins said he had no idea carey was on 98 as he hit the winning runs - scoreboard was probably a giant sized giveaway, skip.........

amazing win in christchurch - still needed 200 when carey came in to bat - cummins said he had no idea carey was on 98 as he hit the winning runs - scoreboard was probably a giant sized giveaway, skip.........
Great win.

So only really Smith and Head from the top 7 not making a score on this tour. More of a worry for Smith then Head I would have thought.

Do they keep going with the opening experiment, can't move Green from 4 now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back