Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

That was an absolutely stellar match. Hearkened back to the heyday of ODI's really, when you needed something spectacular to get 10 off an over and you usually had to run them.

Dewy outfield. Smart captaincy and bowling, but inexperienced fielders and exhausted bowlers and bats.

It'd sting, but the only mistake made was one of execution; oh, and a fairly obvious LBW missed in the preceeding overs.

I have no genuine interest in the men's game any longer but I gotta say, opposing captains standing with a finger each on that ridiculously minute ash's trophy is laugh out loud ridiculous - why in god's name don't they mount the thing in a plaque or frame so that someone can hold it without looking like an utter git?

Anyway...this feels more like the Ashes should be.

Ponting might be the best special comments guy in the game...three steps ahead of everyone else.

Fair chance this could be over before tea on day 3. Absolutely pathetic.

Thought the Australian tail wagging might be important, turns out it might have been the difference. No way I wanted our batsmen to face Anderson on that pitch again.

I think the whole Pom team thought that about our bowlers as well ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

absolutely brilliant, unbelievable............christ, the schoolboy hyperbole from brayshaw is nauseating...........

Agree on JB 60. He’s over the top . But was a gritty knock from Jonny playing for his country. Well played .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Day 3 of the 4th test.

Better late than never I guess, but England have finally shown some fight. They did well this afternoon following what was a great first session for Australia.

We're still very likely to win this very comfortably. Expecting we'll need to chase down a fairly small total for victory.

Day 3 of the 4th test.

Better late than never I guess, but England have finally shown some fight. They did well this afternoon following what was a great first session for Australia.

We're still very likely to win this very comfortably. Expecting we'll need to chase down a fairly small total for victory.
Ummm, what game are you watching J? We won’t be chasing totals, will be chasing wickets in fourth innings of match.

Day 3 of the 4th test.

Will be closer than you think unless of course .... queue the typical Pommy batting collapse :)

BTW: I'm tipping a draw for this one Jez.

Ummm, what game are you watching J? We won’t be chasing totals, will be chasing wickets in fourth innings of match.

Shut up - my brain is fried.

Will be closer than you think unless of course .... queue the typical Pommy batting collapse :)

BTW: I'm tipping a draw for this one Jez.

The draw is always in play in Sydney.

I don't understand the obsession with 5 - 0 whitewash. Win the series, then who cares what happens after? I don't like we've given the Poms a sniff at it, when we could have extinguished any glimmer of hope and batted on into this morning.

Some might think that makes for a boring match, but I wouldn't care one bit.

never have understood this desire for a close, competitive series - same as footy - just want to see a close game - * that - I seriously want us to win by 100 points every game, that's the brutal truth..........currently we are not doing that, which is somewhat distressing for me............every single game.......

I don't understand the obsession with 5 - 0 whitewash. Win the series, then who cares what happens after? I don't like we've given the Poms a sniff at it, when we could have extinguished any glimmer of hope and batted on into this morning.

Some might think that makes for a boring match, but I wouldn't care one bit.
Look up the Grade Cricketer. It's a running joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back