Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

Credibility of Australian cricket hanging on by a thread.

After the summer series Australia returns to the sub-continent to play India.

Australia has to experiment in the summer series by giving a second spinner a good run at it in the test matches. The pitches in Australia have to change and give spin bowlers a chance of taking wickets from day 1. Ultimately this would benefit the batting as well as they clearly have no clue at the moment.

Wow, just wow.
We will never be a consistent test team as we have lost our ability to "shut up shop" and just defend without scoring as is the ability of other test nations. We always try to take on the game, where test cricket is about defence and attack rather than just attack. Yes we may be exciting and seek a result but we also open ourselves up for the opposition. Warner is not an opener as an openers job is to dull the ball and weary the bowlers, he may make a 50 from 20 balls, but your first drop still comes in to face a shiny hard ball.
We also need to get our pitches in Aust back to the way they were with the WACA bouncy and fast, QLD green and swinging, SCG spinning and then send the touring teams to play on pitches they don't like.
We seem to be the only nation that sets up pitches for the touring parties?
As a youngster, I remember most of the tours would start in WA as this would destroy any confidence the sub continent nations had against us.

Hasn't there been a growing trend in cricket in general where touring sides don't win?

Recall during the ashes last year how the English commentators were discussing at length how teams openly curate their pitches to suit their team to such a degree that they go somewhere else that nowadays they don't know how to handle anything different.

Let Perth be a speed pitch but Sydney needs some green and built for spin. How Lyon has done as well as he has all things considered is pretty amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth was Steve Smith sent home from the one dayers? How could he need a rest, all the test matches last about 3 days you muppet.

The players today are definitely softer than they used to be. Clarke I used to understand because he had a debilitating back issue but Smith isn't injured, just tired. Spare me.

RIP Tangles

CtZs0IfUAAAvtLJ.jpg:large

I am all for taking the good with the bad with Warner but for * sake the guy is vice captain of the team. That was the most pointless, irresponsible and stupid shot I have seen from an opener in the first few overs in a long time! The ball was 3 yards outside off stump....shoulder ******* arms and get some sighters in first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrific start in Tassie :D

Its fascinating to see how bad it gets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back