Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

I am all for taking the good with the bad with Warner but for **** sake the guy is vice captain of the team. That was the most pointless, irresponsible and stupid shot I have seen from an opener in the first few overs in a long time! The ball was 3 yards outside off stump....shoulder ******* arms and get some sighters in first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally agree with this TL, once I seen that I immediately lost interest in the match and stopped watching.

They were not going to get him out in the first test in either innings until he had brain farts as well.

We all love his aggressive style but in those conditions you just have to more selective and display much more discipline & patience.

Poor leadership.

I honestly cannot remember a time when i've been this disappointed with our national cricket team.
South Africa could have legitimately declared at lunch and wouldn't have had to bat again. (And probably would have been over today).

Being bowled out for 47 probably trumps this one for me.

Although this was very bad... Smith showed that patience and smart batting will do you very well on the pitch. He didn't play many shots at all away from his body and played compact. I think just about every wicket we lost was a result of the bat being away from the body outside off. Crazy no one noticed this and adjusted there game plan except Smith.

Joe Burns is hilarious. Was vocally unhappy about being dropped and then proceeds to make a solitary run (between two innings) when given the chance.

Think SMarsh will be right back in when fit.
Who would have thought we'd be wanting SMarsh back in the team.

Thought I'd just do a quick check of the score, wow, think we should have gone for the forfeit.
Seriously how pathetic we lost 8-32 this morning.

Reckon we're at the lowest ebb we've at for quite a long time.
South Africa should finish us off in Adelaide next week.

Who would have thought we'd be wanting SMarsh back in the team.
Only reason Shaun Marsh was given first crack was they are thinking about the tour of India and Marsh is the only one in the team that can actually score on the sub-continent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we're at the lowest ebb we've at for quite a long time.
South Africa should finish us off in Adelaide next week.

So many players out of form and lacking confidence, it's almost like watching us in our last year with MM at the helm. No one we brought in made any impact whereas they bring in Abbott and he rips us apart.

So many players out of form and lacking confidence, it's almost like watching us in our last year with MM at the helm. No one we brought in made any impact whereas they bring in Abbott and he rips us apart.

Geoff Lawson made a good point on SEN this morning. He said that we lack two high quality batsman. Too much is left to Smith and Warner, and if they don't make runs we struggle.

Geoff Lawson made a good point on SEN this morning. He said that we lack two high quality batsman. Too much is left to Smith and Warner, and if they don't make runs we struggle.
That's not a good point. He's suggesting we have 4 high quality batsman (including Smith and Warner). Very few teams in world cricket have that.

Can't argue with that. Warner and Smith are the only two recognised batsman in our top six and even then Warner as an opener is always going to be hit and miss in test cricket as he just isn't disciplined enough to to dig in when he has to. (too attacking- which is fine if everyone else is in form.) Don't mind Khawaja, reckon he has the goods to become a very good batsman but Voges time has come and gone, is so far out of form at the moment he just should not be playing.
We still play attacking cricket as if we were the same team as in years gone by.

It's not that we lack high class batsmen, we just lack the depth/supporting batsmen. As you said, Warner and Smith are top class. Khawaja is good too, not at there level but the next tier. Then we need at least another 2 who would avg between 41-45. Right now we have Smith the superstar at 55+. Warner the top class opener at around 50. Khawaja at about 46-50 (if you take away the poor start to his test career he'd be around that) then it drops off to well below 40 which puts way too much pressure on those 3. We have the top now we just need the depth. Issue is there aren't really any options...

FWIW I hope they don't move uzzie to opener. It's been suggested but I think we'd do well to keep the guys who are performing settled in the spot they're performing.

That's not a good point. He's suggesting we have 4 high quality batsman (including Smith and Warner). Very few teams in world cricket have that.

But are they?
Warner is hit and miss with the way he plays, and Smith isn't anywhere near the form he was from a couple of years ago.

But are they?
Warner is hit and miss with the way he plays, and Smith isn't anywhere near the form he was from a couple of years ago.
I thought he was implying that Warner and Smith were that?

I think Warner is. Smith is an interesting one. I've never been a fan of his (or that stupid technique he uses). I think there's a lot of talent there but is he a 2 or 3 summer wonder?

Of course, it doesn't help coming in at 2/4 or whatever it was.

The only Australians to hit runs this series are Warner/Smith/SMarsh/Khawaja.

What I wouldn't give to have a name like Faf du Plessis.... Seriously, how cool is that !
It's very cool... not quite as cool though as being a great friend of de Kock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back