Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 šŸ

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we deliberately cheated and thatā€™s pissweak.

If the ā€œleadershipā€ group were OK with this then the ā€œleadershipā€ group needs to go.

Smith needs to step down and wear a lengthy suspension, Bancroft needs a 12 month holiday, anyone else in the leadership group that agreed should get 6 months. If the coach knew he should be gone as well.

Then we should appeal and carry on as per normal.

The game is weak & corrupt, it has nurtured itself to a point where this sort of s**t happens.

Last edited:
Poor form by the leadership group. Really have no like or respect for Smith now, he always came across as a spoilt brat and the way he threw Bancroft under the bus at the start of the press conference was not decent.

Really used to love watching cricket back in the good old days of Waugh boys, Warne, OohAhh etc but these days, and with things like cheating, we are just an embarrassment.

I believe the Rabada decision reversal has made them so angry that they wanted this series more than anything theyā€™ve ever wanted, when the game was drifting away last night emotions have obviously overtaken common sense.

Love them or hate them I donā€™t really care, but every other captain/team in the world would have denied, denied, denied and then when found guilty appealed.

Once again, theyā€™ve owned up to their mistakes and are taking the hit for it and will take whatever penalties come out of it....this one wonā€™t go away however and will last a lifetime which hurts way more.

Could be a line in the sand moment for Australian cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope they look embarrassed and ashamed

Pretty hard when they no longer playing. I watched a little of Warner and Bancroft batting the next day. Did not see a sign of any embarrassed. I am sure Bancroft is feeling the shame now. I hope him and Steve Smith get some help after this as going to be in some dark places mentally just to forgive their own actions to themselves. Bancroft especially.

Sad part is, this team did NOT have to do this ...... brings into question many other things now ... Steve Waugh/Mark Taylor and Alan Border did not set Australian cricket up for this this type of shinnanigans.

I want all involved removed from the sport at National level, even if we drop to last place in all rankings. Absolute POO! Clean house and start again. You need a good hard look at yourself too Cricket Australia.

I think they are appropriate consequences. Hopefully Warner never plays at a national level again after his role in organising the cheating. What kind of a captain couldnā€™t say no to that? All three of them need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Itā€™s not so much about the sandpaper incident as the actual deceitful, manipulative way they went behind backs and then lied.

Warner looks like a rat and acts like one too, Iā€™m glad heā€™s gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back