Director of Coaching
Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Huge fallout but they have to send a message. We can’t havr our national team cheating then lying about it. No victim mentality, they did the wrong thing and tried to get away with it. The culture is not right so as Boof said, a whole look into it and see what’s going on. A fresh start.
What remains a total mystery to me is the double standards surrounding this.
It was released by a number of sources that the Poms were using sticky mints to manipulate the ball when they famously
won back the Ashes. Each and every player received a Knighthood.

No one can condone what happened, but ball tampering is nearly as old as the game. Never has such a penalty been
applied, not even close.

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It was released by a number of sources that the Poms were using sticky mints to manipulate the ball when they famously

No one can condone what happened, but ball tampering is nearly as old as the game. Never has such a penalty been
applied, not even close.

Agree with what you have said Coona but this is a huge part of the problem. It’s because appropriate penalties haven’t been applied previously that we have seen standards and behavoirs deteriorate to the point where this situation has manifested.
The game and it’s standards have played second fiddle to exposure and the money this exposure brings.
One would hope that this is a line in the sand moment for the game, a chance to re-set and hold itself to the values it was intended to be played with.
Unfortunately this is about as likely to happen as David Warner is to show real remorse for his actions.
This series has been a shining example of everything that is wrong with the game. The sledging, the Rabada appeal, the irony that the fourth test starts today with one of its captains suspended from the game in disgrace while the other captains his team after being found guilty of two similar incidents in the past.
The game is in disarray, and it has applauded itself all the way there.

applied, not even close.
planned, organized and systematic tampering using a substance foreign to the game - with the ok of the captain - throw in a confession...........

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
This seems to be unpopular with how the perception has been after the presser but i really don’t feel sorry for Smith, even with the waterworks. He systematically attempted to cheat. I can’t grasp why the nation has now decided to get behind him.

Put it this way - if the cameras hadn’t caught it, do you think Smith would have come clean. He’s only sorry they were caught...

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't believe him the penalty is very harsh but I don't believe him.

Has done it before as well and then on the tour of India his claim he looked at dressing room was a brain fade.

In the 1st test of that tour Australia got every decision review right.

In the next they got every one wrong after Smith got caught.

This was just pre meditated and he can cry all he wants.

But using sandpaper? It seems he doesn't want to learn.

They are just sorry they got caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
syria might suit..........what a stageplay that was...........

Oh,the irony that Candice has hired Roxy Jacenko as her PR manager.....
You can’t write this stuff.
If Davy did go to Syria Roxy would advise Candice to stay back in Sydney and have an affair with an ex partner while her husband was “away” Oh, and wear ugly $4000 cardigans.
Just when you’d like to cut them some slack they do s**t like this.
Here’s a tip, just shut the * up, don’t do any media. Just be contrite and go about raising your kids. Support your husband away from the media, not a single person would deny you more respect for doing so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back